Need instructions how to enable Canon Pixma ip4700 disc printing

gkitf16

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'll throw this one out and see who bites on it:D. I just picked up Canon's Pixma iP 4700 for $45 on Amazon :lol: after having my faithful iP 5200 die (why don't they make their model #'s in numerical sequence :(:/???). It has the CD tray slot behind the little flip-down front door with Canon on it, just like the 5200 did. You can see the strip of plastic to be removed waiting.

When I first got my the 5200 a few years ago, I bought the CD tray off eBay from Annocjr. I followed the instructions and did the button-pushing magic sequence, removed the cover strip, and downloaded the Canon Euro CDLabelPrint software. Worked great and discs looked excellent. I'm wondering if the button-mashing sequence is the same for this model?

Annocjr on eBay, who carries a great line of Canon disc trays, says he THINKS the correct tray is Tray "G", but has to confirm to make sure. He doesn't have the instructions (yet) to enable the CD print feature.

Anybody got an iP 4700 who has played with it and got it working? This is for the USA model I'm referring to

Cyrus

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am also thinking to develop a forum like this one, really impressive work

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I don't have a 4700 and it isn't listed at The Five Easy Steps

http://pixma.ulmb.com/?p=105.

..but after the conversion you can run the CD label print program and the printer properties list the tray type.

2wfsd4h.jpg

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Shocking prices on Ebay for those trays.
Previously, in Canada, the early printers (ip3000) were not CD print enabled (later and current printers come with the tray).
I made a serviceable tray from the back of a thin DVD wallet.
Cost was 30 cents Canadian.
I also made one for an IP5600 that I purchased in the US - same price.
Shocking.

azuchrome

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jackson said:
Shocking prices on Ebay for those trays.
I agree on the eBay pricing. Is there any way to get these trays - espcially Tray G - from any other source, other than this annocjr guy on eBay ? I can't see how anyone can charge almost $30 US for that tray and sleep at night - it's obscene. Is there any way to order the tray from Canon directly, somewhere here in North America ?

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has had the initiative to scan the tray and let people decide if they can fashion one - that's what people with the earlier printers did - I guess they had more get up and go.

siusiuenen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I believe you can order directly from Canon's Canada but i don't think they will ships to US.

azuchrome

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey, here's a stupid question : let's say I manage to overwirite the firmware on my new iP4700 so it thinks it's a European model. I mioght even load up the European driver, just for consistency. Is this set-up going to now expect the European versions of the ink cartridges to be installed, or will the North American carts still be expected and accepted in the printer ???