need advice on inks/cartridges for epson C86

threshin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hello everybody!

new to this forum and i'm looking for some advice/help here...the age old problem of finding a quality, cost efficient way of keeping ink in my printer and printing photos. seems to be getting harder and harder....

so i'll try to make this short. i need my C86 for light to moderate usage and mostly photo printing so i need some kind of quality archival ink such as a good 3rd party pigment ink thats comparable with epson's expensive crap. it would be cheaper to buy a new printer for the price of a new set of carts!

a CIS has been a thought, but rather expensvie for my needs. 3rd party cartridges have been a nightmare for me so far. i live in canada and its pretty much impossible to get quality 3rd party products and its also not easy over the internet. what would you guys recommend?

i have given ink republic's CIS some serious thought but i'm discouraged by price - especially if it doesn't work out! so the only option i can think of right now is to try spongeless refillable cartridges from MIS and use some of their pigment photo inks. i actually already have a chip resetter and sold one carts i can salvage chips off of so thats no trouble. anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?? any info would be helpful!

thanks a lot guys!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I have a feeling you're one and the same person that I pointed in this direction from the ATF forum but if not... check this thread out:
http://www.allthefaqs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3793

There are a number of reviews on Ink Republic, MIS, and a recent one on Nexxtech from another contributor.

In terms of the refillable carts, the only thing to watch out for is the little rubber plugs which can pop off and thus cause a free flow of ink out of your carts into the printer.. I found a little low tech tape over over the plug to hold it down does the trick.

Latest posts