My love hate relationship with my Pixma Pro 9000 mark II, need help and I don't want to give up on this printer!!!

yanceyvoges

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 Mark II
Ok I had my canon sitting in a closet for about a year and a half. Last week I finally had the urge to do a few prints and made sure I gave it a good deep cleaning of the print head before attempting to print. I used a solution of distilled water/alcohol and a drop of Dawn liquid soap, and gently flushed the heads and made sure it was completely dry before placing it back into the printer. I placed new carts in it after it was well cleaned and it ran fine up until last night. When it started up i did not hear any motion inside then I noticed the blinking light, ten to be exact. Then the window prompt said B200. After a bit of research I found it could be an obstruction, so I gingerly took it apart and notice part of the cradle housing for the print head was broken off and laying by the print reservoir. I removed it put it back together again and it was working fine. Today when I went to print, back to the same story as before. I did a cleaning of the print head and after reassembling, still the same. is there anything I'm missing, I don't want to junk it but in the same respect if I need a new print head so be it, but also not in a position to start looking for a new printer. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 201
  • thumbnail5.jpg
    thumbnail5.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 182
  • thumbnail4.jpg
    thumbnail4.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 188
  • thumbnail3.jpg
    thumbnail3.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 198
  • thumbnail2.jpg
    thumbnail2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 178
  • thumbnail1.jpg
    thumbnail1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 188

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Sorry to say but B200 indicates a printhead error.
There are no more spare printheads available.

Never buy a "refurbished" in China, most of them do not work.

Latest posts