MP610 questions

Bird333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I got a used MP610 (D=007.0) to get a spare printhead for my MX850. Then I read that originally the MP610 had a QY6-0067 printhead instead of a QY6-0075.

Questions
1. Is the part number printed on the printhead somewhere? If in fact it is the 0067 printhead is it safe to use in the MX850?
2. What's the best way to store a printer (particularly the printhead and ink tanks) long term?
3. What can I do to clean this yellow ink tank if anything? I've never seen anything like it. The ink in the sponge looks dark brown. See attached

Attachments

• yellow cart.jpg
    yellow cart.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 248

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
1. The type number is engraved on one of the sides of the print head. The engraving might be difficult to see so good light is recommended.

The QY6-0075 is the newer replacement type for the older QY6-0067, so the new type can replace the old type. I don't know if this also works the other way around.

2. I don't know what is the best way to store a print head, but here is one thread about the subject.

3. The brown colour is the result of cross contamination. Photo black ink crept into the yellow cartridge. As both colours are dye inks, the cartridge can be flushed and reused. Here is one thread about cartridge flushing. Here is another example of cross contamination.