[Mp560] Must deepclean everytime I replace blue cart

icarr757

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Any ideas? Highly frustrating. I sell fill, german method, and only have this trouble with the blue cartridge. Probably just need to break down and buy a new blue and retire my old one. But I am cheap and thought I would see if any suggestions here =P

Happy Halloween!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
icarr757 said:
Any ideas? Highly frustrating. I sell fill, german method, and only have this trouble with the blue cartridge. Probably just need to break down and buy a new blue and retire my old one. But I am cheap and thought I would see if any suggestions here =P

Happy Halloween!
The solution to your problem would be solved by exactly what you said buy a new cyan cartridge.

Are you using compatibles or OEM cartridges because that can make a big difference in how
a refilled cartridge will perform when installed back into a printer?

If it is an OEM cart then you could purge the ink out of it and dry the sponge then try refilling it again,
as this is a much cheaper option it may just work better for you.. :)

C

Canuck

Why is it that if it is a compatible then that's the problem, but if it's OEM it needs to be purged/flushed? I've read a few posts on here that said I have xyz problem with my printer and am using compatible/refillable carts and the first thing said here is ditch them and go with OEM. If they have the same problem and use OEM carts they get all kinds of advice on how to solve the problem.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Canuck said:
Why is it that if it is a compatible then that's the problem, but if it's OEM it needs to be purged/flushed? I've read a few posts on here that said I have xyz problem with my printer and am using compatible/refillable carts and the first thing said here is ditch them and go with OEM. If they have the same problem and use OEM carts they get all kinds of advice on how to solve the problem.
The reason why we always recommend OEM carts is that they are the best no questions about it.

Now if someone has a problem with their cartridges whether its compatible or OEM cartridges it is fair to say
that OEM cartridges are far more forgivable so therefore are easier to resolve a problem with.

So the answer to your question is yes we always recommend dumping
the compatible for genuine Canon cartridges but not so in the Epsons.. :)

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Canuck said:
The Hat said:
Canuck said:
The reason why we always recommend OEM carts is that they are the best no questions about it.

Now if someone has a problem with their cartridges whether its compatible or OEM cartridges it is fair to say
that OEM cartridges are far more forgivable so therefore are easier to resolve a problem with.

So the answer to your question is yes we always recommend dumping
the compatible for genuine Canon cartridges but not so in the Epsons.. :)
Why only Epson? The reason why refillables for Epson are so popular is the fact that the carts can't be refilled easily. Canon carts are just a sponge and an ink chamber.
I've refilled both Epson and Canon carts, both OEM and compatables. You are quite right that some OEM Epsons are not as easy to refill as refillable compatables. I'm afraid, however, that you sell short the engineering, design, choice of material, and ability to maintain proper internal pressure that Canon has built into its simple looking "sponge and an ink chamber" OEM carts. Therein lies an interesting problem, where compatables can look just like an OEM cart but are variable in their abillity to function properly. Some are good, some are not. That is from personal experience. For that reason I tossed out all my Canon compatables during the first few years of refilling and have since stayed with refilling Canon OEM's.

If I want to experiment with a compatable, that is my right. If, however, I am asked for advice i can only recommend what I KNOW is the least troublesome and easiest to troubleshoot. I can't advise someone to "go with their gut" when I don't know the quality of the item in question - regardless of a 100% ebay seller rating.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Quotes from American baseball player and coach Yogi Berra:

* In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

* You can observe a lot by just watching.

* I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question.

* It's like deja-vu, all over again.