Most common ink carts?

mathman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'd like to collect ink carts for selling on ebay for a school fundraiser and didn't want to deal with those that buyers weren't interested in.
Can any one inform me or speculate on the most commonly used/purchased ink carts these days?
Thank you for any help that can be provided our Science Club.

:D
Mathman

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Canon CLI-8 Series and BCI-6 Series are pretty common - widely used.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Empty carts? I expect that the OEM CLI-8's would be easiest to sell, and at a higher price, as there are no compatables with chips attached. There are probably less of these printers out in circulation, however, so BCI-6 carts would find more users. You might try going to Staples and some of the other big box office supply stores. They have a rebate for return of some manufacturers' carts, but they don't rebate for empty canon carts. Some customers still go with their empty canon carts and leave them in the used cart bin anyway. If you find a sympathetic manager and explain what you are using them for they may let you pull the canon carts out of the bin. I did that and ended up with two dozen CLI-8's and about 75 BCI-6 carts --- all from one of their customers!

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
I too also felt that CLI-8 those with chips are one of those cartridges people will be sourcing for them. You should be able to find buyers for them.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I'll keep them for the inevitable tiome when my bci-6 cart printers die and I have to go to a printer with chipped carts.