Morning from Cowboysdad in the Carolinas

cowboysdad

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mp620
I'm afraid i'll be very little help to you other members--you see i'm just a tinkerer that does'nt like to be whipped
my thinking is that we live in too much of a disposable society--and i do not want to participate
I currently have a canon mp620 thats doing the awful ratcheting noise-error c500
After looking at those supposed "ask an expert" type sites I somehow stumbled onto this site PTL !!!
Think i may have finally found help

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi and Welcome @cowboysdad.

I can’t say we’ll fix your problem for you but I can say without dough that you have come to the right place for tinkerers.
Now do you get any flashing amber light with your error, and if so how many are there (Please count) because I reckon there might be something stuck inside your printer (Paper !)?
Try this first.
When you turn on the printer open the top lid and allow the print head to move to the centre of the carriageway then pull the power plug from the wall.

Have a good look on the inside the printer (With Flash light) both sides of the print head for any bits of paper or other foreign material that maybe laying around, especially the area where the print head usually sits when not in use. (Right side)

If you can’t find anything then you could try cleaning the timing strip on the back of the print head.

It’s not easy to get a Photo of this plastic strip but it is located behind the print head holder and you can move the print head back and forth out of the way to help clean it, use a small cloth with alcohol or Windex on it and rub both sides gently, try not to dislodge it from its position.

With any luck one of these solutions will work for you so just close the lid and power on the printer again..
Timing stripe.png

upload_2014-2-27_16-58-45.png Click to enlarge.

cowboysdad

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mp620
thank you sir
i'll give it a try