More upgrades for my CR-10

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This is the latest upgrade for the CR-10, it delivers the filament down to the top of the Hot-end instead of up, and it eases the work for the extruder motor...
Extruder Mount.jpg click to enlarge..
I'll have a few more in a day or so..

Attachments

• Extruder ladder Lip .stl
    2.3 MB · Views: 323

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hmm... I haven't heard of this mod / upgrade before. Does it really help / make a difference?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I don’t know, I haven’t tried it yet still working on getting the hot-end together with two new fans and the Petsfang, that’s another story...:hu

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I got the Petsfang fitted to my CR-10 today, it’s not straight forwards to just fit on the printer, its more complex than most, I had to do several fits till I got it right and even then, I forgot to pass the fan wire through casing before completing, but I am very impress with the design,

Once installed it doesn’t wobble nor shake and doesn’t touch any part of the hot-end so can’t melt no matter how hot you run the nozzle, on a scale of 1 been good to 10 been bad, I’d give it a 2.

I have only printed once since fitting the new Petsfang, but it did it so effortlessly it passed with flying colours so much so I never gave it a second glance and was more interested in the print rather than the newly fitted Petsfang.

@Redbrickman printed this Petsfang and gave it to me to try out and I’m just sorry I didn’t get a chance to use it earlier, I was waiting till I got a new Turbo Fan and then forgot all about it, was it worth fitting, most definitely.

The only draw back I found with it was, if I ever get a severe clog I’ll have to remove the outer casing to get clear access to the hot-end, but at least with this model you don’t have to remover the hot-end to work on it, that’s why I gave a 2...

Fetsfang1.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
on a scale of 1 been good to 10 been bad
You ever heard the saying "it's all Greek to me"? Well, Greek makes more sense and I don't know Greek. :confused:

Is 10 the best or the worst?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Is 10 the best or the worst?
on a scale of 1 been good to 10 been bad, I’d give it a 2.
I taught it was clear enough, 1 been good and 10 been worst, maybe I need to brush up on my Greek...:idunno
P.S. the saying here is:- Double Dutch not Greek...:p

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
1 been good and 10 been worst
Here we go again. Repeating the same thing as the answer is not helpful. I don't have my beer goggles on so you'll need to translate. Feck the "been". Is 10 the best or the worst score?

the saying here is:- Double Dutch
Here, this is Double Dutch. :ya