More Problems ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I got another problem, well three of them to be exact.

The Nifty banner on top of the home page has gone missing on me now
and I still had to log–in again tonight.

How do I stop this site from sending Emails to my in-box all the darn time,
I have unchecked just about every box there is in the settings
and the next time I log there are some of them re-checked again ? :idunno

HELP ! :eek:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I got another problem, well three of them to be exact.

The Nifty banner on top of the home page has gone missing on me now
and I still had to log–in again tonight.

How do I stop this site from sending Emails to my in-box all the darn time,
I have unchecked just about every box there is in the settings
and the next time I log there are some of them re-checked again ? :idunno

HELP ! :eek:
I hear you brother uncle!

Have you done the following?

1) Click on "Forums" at the top of the page.

2) Click on "Watched Threads"

3) Beneath whatever threads are showing, click on "Show All Watched Threads"

4) Tic (click on) the check boxes of all the threads to want to modify. A check mark will now appear in the box signifying you have selected that thread to modify.

5) At the bottom of all the threads listed with you new check check boxes, click the Down Arrow next to the tiny window that says "With selected..."

6) Select on of the actions, such as disabling emails or to stop watching the thread, and then click "Go".

7) You may select another action until there are no more actions to be selected. At this point you will not receive email notification or be watching a thread -- whatever your preferences are.

The same is probably true in dealing with "Watched Forums" but I did not test it out as I am watching any Forums. :p

There are a few more things I want to know about. I'm sure we'll get it squared away in due time. :thumbsup

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
One other place to check out is Preferences which you can get to by either hovering your cursor over your name all the way up top on the right next to Inbox and Alerts, or, by clicking on your name instead of hovering. From either route you then click on Preferences.

In Preferences, Under Options, make sure to clear the check mark in the check box for the first item:

*Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies.

Now you should not get emails.

Hope these help!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
The banner you saw with the old logo was a "site notice". You may have clicked to dismiss the notice (an x at the top right of the notice) and then it will not show for you anymore.

Login issue: It may be a problem with your internet cookies. If it continues to happen you may need to delete your cookies or just the ones for this site. See here:
http://www.aboutcookies.org/page-2 NOTE: this may impact login for other sites too if you delete all cookies.

Site emails: Stratman has great ideas! If you keep getting emails, let us know what kind they are (new post notifications, new conversation notifications, etc.) and we can work to try to figure out the proper settings.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am still trying to digest what this is all about; you lost me right after, Uncle. :confused:

I think I’ll need eyes in the back of my head (Or Hat) till
I can get to grips with all these new settings.

That’s the trouble with being stuck in a hole,
you get to like your own environment to much. :eek:

Thanks for your help you guys and it might even help Rob to get to bed that bit earlier.. :hugs

Adiós amigos. :old

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
We're glad to help. The best bet is to reply here with the types of messages you're receiving and we can troubleshoot with you. We just want to make sure we turn off the right stuff and not turn off all your emails. :D

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
@The Hat , I just noticed in your account settings you have the following un-checked:
  • Receive email when a new conversation message is received: No
  • Watch threads when creating or replying: No
  • Receive site mailings: No
This *should* make it so you don't get any emails, but I'm not sure if you might still be getting them from your previously subscribed topics? Also, this may make it so you don't get any newsletters, etc. that I would send out. :(

I suggest:
  1. Go to you "watched topics" and "watched forums" and unsubscribe from the ones you don't want to be notified of
  2. Turn "Receive site mailings:" to "yes" so you can get any important notifications.
  3. You may also want to turn on new conversation to "yes" too, but that depends on how popular you are. ;)

Latest posts