MG7520 alarm lamp always lights

Lane

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7520
Hi everyone,

My MG7520 does not work anymore. I tried to fix it, unplug the power cord for 15 mins, hard reset, but it still does not work. After I plug the power cord, the alarm lamp will light in a few seconds. and the power lamp will light when I touch it. The LCD screen of the printer does not light up.
I red this post, but nothing happens.

Could you help me?

Thanks.

685a1a42b6e32bccbbd82a52af5452f0.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Lane and welcome, first things first, you need to establish how many times the LED light is flashing, is it just the one light or are both flashing.

Come back with the information and we can tell you more...

Lane

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7520
Hi @Lane and welcome, first things first, you need to establish how many times the LED light is flashing, is it just the one light or are both flashing.

Come back with the information and we can tell you more...

Hi The Hat,

Thank you for your reply. Actually the alarm LED is not flashing, this is really confusing me. As the image I attached, the alarm LED always lights.:barnie

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Without knowing the LED light sequence, it would be very hard to determine the problem area we’re dealing with, have you been trouble shooting yourself and caused the printer to shut down on you by any chance ?...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I guess the alarm LED is not flashing, but is constantly lit? What does "a hard reset" mean? Have you tried to enter service mode, and did the constantly lit alarm LED happen after that?

I have a Canon MG5550 and attempts to enter service mode causes the same behaviour with a dead printer and the alarm led constantly lit, but pulling the power cord and waiting for a couple of minutes cures the printer and it can be turned on in normal user mode.

Other than the printer being locked after an unsuccessful attempt to do service mode operations, i don't know what the constant lit Alarm LED means.

Lane

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7520
I guess the alarm LED is not flashing, but is constantly lit? What does "a hard reset" mean? Have you tried to enter service mode, and did the constantly lit alarm LED happen after that?

I have a Canon MG5550 and attempts to enter service mode causes the same behaviour with a dead printer and the alarm led constantly lit, but pulling the power cord and waiting for a couple of minutes cures the printer and it can be turned on in normal user mode.

Other than the printer being locked after an unsuccessful attempt to do service mode operations, i don't know what the constant lit Alarm LED means.

Hi PeterBJ, Thanks you for your reply. yes, the alarm LED lights constantly. hard reset means service mode. I tried many times to enter service mode or unplug and plug the power cord, I failed.
I really don't know how to fix it.

Thanks.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It is not clear to me what has happened, so allow me some questions. Was there an error that caused you to try service mode and if so which error? Was the printer working normally before trying service mode? Did the attempts with service mode cause the constantly lit alarm LED? Which version service tool did you try? What was the reason for trying service mode?

Until now I have only read about and experienced service mode being locked on these PGI-x50/CLI-x51 printers after attempting service mode operations using a wrong service tool. Your case might be worse with the printer totally locked after attempting service mode operations. You can read more about service mode problems with these printers in this thread.