MG7120 double letters

alexr

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7120
Hi all!

What is the cause of such printer test page?

1.png

and text sample

2.png

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Print a nozzle check, scan it, crop it to include the entire nozzle check (not just a part), and post.

What kind of paper are you using?

Is the paper curled or uneven in any way?

Are you using OEM ink or aftermarket? Refilling?

Any error codes or flashing lights on the printer?

The text looks like you are using a 3D font. Are you?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Sad to say, but the fuzzy edges of the vertical bars in the nozzle check shows the dye nozzles are damaged. This damage is likely caused by an aftermarket ink with wrong cooling properties. Only a new print head can correct this error.

alexr

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7120
I bought this printhead on Aliexpress. I know they sell printheads removed from old printers. Also I know that there was a problem with the nozzles initially, but this did not affect the printing. Now the letters suddenly began to double, this affects the print quality. I'm guessing there might be some color mixing inside the printhead. Probably, no one here has any experience in repairing a similar problem. Thanks for the help anyway.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What is the cause of such printer test page?
Let this a lesson to anyone who wants to buy a print head out of China, as in all cases, they don’t work and are a waste of time, money and effort, not to mention the frustration of the whole exercise.. Canon print heads cannot be repaired..

@alexr, If you were more forthcoming with your information and said you had bought your print head second-hand, it could have saved us a lot of our valuable time..

alexr

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7120
Let this a lesson to anyone who wants to buy a print head out of China, as in all cases, they don’t work and are a waste of time, money and effort, not to mention the frustration of the whole exercise.
I would not say so. The first printhead that I bought on Aliexpress had the same problems and after opening a dispute, I was refunded the full cost. It should be noted that printing with black pigment is ideal. For this printhead, I could also receive compensation if I opened a dispute before closing. Also, black pigment printing is here without any problems. I believe that Canon company is the main problem. It sells new printheads at a very high price. Thus, forcing buyers to buy a new printer. Disposing of old electronics is harmful to the environment.
I think that the adoption of laws such as "the right to repair" will change the situation in the future.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I believe that Canon company is the main problem. It sells new printheads at a very high price. Thus, forcing buyers to buy a new printer. Disposing of old electronics is harmful to the environment.
What part of “Kaput” do you not understand, Canon heads fail and trying to buy damaged print heads is a fools errant, buy cheap pay twice, but if you wanted a print head to last the lifetime of the printer then you should have bought an Epson.
I believe that Canon company is the main problem. It sells new printheads at a very high price.
You get what you pay for, a brand new fully functioning print head.. Guaranteed..
Disposing of old electronics is harmful to the environment.
Look it, no one is forcing you to buy the Feckin printer, so you can start saving the environment yourself by not getting the printer in the first place..
as "the right to repair" will change the situation in the future.
Have you ever known anyone that could repair a light bulb ? Even candles burn out…