MG3650S Printer Head Alignment problems.

Brian L

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650S
Notice that there are two user manuals available for download, one for Windows and one for Mac. So there should be no need to look for a Windows computer.
Thanks, I have downloaded the Mac user manual and page 148 tells me to go to the "Canon IJ Printer Utility". Only problem is that this is not anywhere in the Canon application folders on my Mac so I can't even begin the process. I will have to find out how to get it.
Cheers
Brian.

Brian L

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650S
Thanks, I have downloaded the Mac user manual and page 148 tells me to go to the "Canon IJ Printer Utility". Only problem is that this is not anywhere in the Canon application folders on my Mac so I can't even begin the process. I will have to find out how to get it.
Cheers
Brian.
Almost there ! I found the print utility after reinstalling the printer software and was then able to do a manual alignment. It is better but not perfect. The test will be for the next postage label I do and if the Post Office can scan the QR code or not. Fingers crossed.
Thanks everyone for the help and advice, very much appreciated.
Cheers
Brian.

Brian L

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650S
Cheers
Brian.
Hi all, just an update to all this.
I reinstalled the printer and drivers, found printer Utility and carried out manual re-alignment 4 times, re cleaned printer heads. It is better but not perfect. Today I printed out a postage label but it failed to scan at the Post Office. Canon tell me to send it in for repair but it's easier to just dump it and get another home printer and more than likely NOT a Canon.
Regards
Brian.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
Thank you for the update even if it was not a happy ending. If the printer is still in warranty you will probably get a replacement. If it is out of warranty I think a repair will be more expensive than a new printer.