mfc j480dw - print form fields?

davagain

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
mfc j480dw
I am trying to print just the form fields from a pdf form. Can anyone help me figure out the proper print settings to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, davagain.

The instructions may differ depending on which version of Adobe you are using. I have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The link is to instructions for this version Reader DC published on October 14, 2020. But my version Reader DC has the Comments And Forms (#3) control on the lower left of the Print dialogue box. My version says no updates available so maybe the instructions on Adobe's web site need to be updated. Yours may be where the instructions say or not, but it should be somewhere in the pop up Print dialogue box.

https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/using/fill-forms.html

1622837097490.png

In my version of Reader DC you can see the location of Comments And Forms is in the lower left corner.

Adobe Reader DC Print Dialogue Box.jpg

Now choose one of the 3 settings in the Comments & Forms and see which give what you want, probably Form Fields Only.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am trying to print just the form fields from a pdf form.
I just can’t figure out why you’d want to print the form field on any PDF document, because that usually give you a blank sheet without any image on it ?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
blank sheet
I haven't tried it but I think if you have a filled out form you can print just the data entered and not the form itself. :idunno