Make Your P50/t50 To L800 With Firmware Chip Mod

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hello, it is possible to make your EPSON P50/T50 to L800 with firmware chip mod.
For this you need to buy the chip and re-solder it in place of current chip.

http://resetters.com/Mikroshema-phljeshpamjati-bfml800b-p-2464.html

Chip costs 15Eur, so far not available on ebay :(

Seems like L800 opened new can of worms for EPSON, soon their going to end selling T50/L50 or other compatible printers that you can make L800. Or maybe not who knows....

This should be good lesson for those who was thinking using new BIOS chips in motherboards to make them not boot if a "warez" copy of windows is detected. People will re-solder chips, and if they are going to put it into CPU, we will buy AMD.

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Having a look at the site, the pins is fairly small so it might be quite difficult to solder it.

Hope they can find way to re-program it without physical stuff being involved.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Having a look at the site, the pins is fairly small so it might be quite difficult to solder it.

Well you can bring it to somebody who can solder it for you. There are small shops who can do this cheap. Or you can learn how to solder, youtube has many videos how you can solder this with simple temperature controlled soldering iron. No hot air required.

I have soldered chips like this with simple soldering station, or desoldered with simple 15$ hot air torch from ebay. Works every time. I bet you even solder it with hot air torch from ebay just need to practice more since air temp is not controlled.

Hope they can find way to re-program it without physical stuff being involved.

They already have done this, but it's work with many bugs, it's not worth it.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
I am quite happy about it i have four P50 sitting here and I want to get them rebuild ASAP :) perfect with CISS

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The Russians ship worldwide, but I have not checked what payment methods they support. Paypal works in Russia so you could ask them about it. You can use Chrome browser to translate their site.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
chinese wholesellers sell the complete L800 Logic board for 25USD
I have several R285 and P50 here and some customers are also interested, I will order ten of these board and upgrade all my printers

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
chinese wholesellers sell the complete L800 Logic board for 25USD
Not available on ebay or aliexpress, where did you find it?

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
I am not an elctrician...
..by doing this you don't get the integrated epson ciss, you only get a printer with "in built auto reset", right?
But any external ciss available for p50 should have an auto reset function ... who can explain to me the advantage of this modification?
Perhaps I missed something here, but once I used refillable carts in a p50, and auto reset chips were working well..