Make Your Epson "chipless" - also P800

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Also P800. Happy days for us OEM-cheaters!

---->I Have not tested this myself. Activation key $60.
https://chiplesssolutions.com/download.shtml

Everything You need is downloaded at www.2manuals.com and I have never downloaded "s**t" there

Hope it work for You non-European as well.

I'll keep staying with my 3880!
"It's good enough for me" - however the latest pro Canon's seems tempting as a backup in case.:)

Note: - If I'm out in the blue and this is old/fake news - I'm sorry!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
That s great news to get an Epson printer with a CISS working like an Ecotank type model without chip reset interruptions, the range of printers for which this option is available now has been expanded significantly since I stumbled about this approach some time ago
https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...inion-recommendation.12495/page-2#post-108107
(the link there does not seem to work anymore..) I think I ll get a P400 - with GO - in the next time , the cartridge volume is so small that I did not consider that printer in the past for any serious printing.

Edit:

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
That P400...sometimes I shoot a session and want to give old time high gloss print of an event for participants - small prints c:a 100 mm x 150 mm - let's say a set of 50 shots times about 10 (500 photos that is). Having that in mind - I do most setting in the camera preparing for that (raw+jpg). Then batch process ém in xnview/xnconvert .

Is that little devil P400 fast?

This is almost the only situation where I do high gloss - as they sell:) and reflections are not a problem as they are hand held.

In such situations the 3880 feels like a tractor.
My solution today is hurrying or upload them to the local shop, after my own speedy pre-processing, and have them done express - often not as I want them.
....and that money, money and not being cheating hurts...

As You know more than me about inks and printers:celebrate(Dirty one? Did it hurt?) - is there a somewhat good photo-spiter out there with some quality in high gloss.

Of cause - a collection of several small good printers is one solution (read clogging) another is no-inks systems..
How good is a no-inks system today? I have totally lost track there!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
A3 is about the largest format I like on glossy and similar papers, glossy prints with the 24" Pro 7600 are too much a mirror for me. I'm only using matte papers on this printer. So the P400 offers the best combination of inks - two blacks - GO - somewhat similar to the equiv. Canon printers - and the chipless option would give me Ecotank like performance and no frequent interruptions from empty cartridges (very small with 15 ml for an A3 printer). And since I did some evaluations about the positive effects of a GO overprint I'm doing that with most A4 and A3 prints - currently with an ET-7750 - it works but it is just a work around