Goodmarko

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma pro-100
Hello,

So I have a relatively new canon pixma pro-100. it sat unused for a couple weeks before this issue.
I thought it'd be a good time to run a couple prints through to keep things flowing. Ran a cleaning. First 2 prints were perfect.

Then I noticed huge chunks of magenta missing. Ran a nozzle check and noticed the pattern in the image.

Ran a deep clean twice. Let the nozzle soak in hot water with a little bit of dish soap with no luck.

If someone could please steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!
dyu1HyKuVY6RbWcDA

Thanks,
Marco (first post)

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Hello,

So I have a relatively new canon pixma pro-100. it sat unused for a couple weeks before this issue.
I thought it'd be a good time to run a couple prints through to keep things flowing. Ran a cleaning. First 2 prints were perfect.

Then I noticed huge chunks of magenta missing. Ran a nozzle check and noticed the pattern in the image.

Ran a deep clean twice. Let the nozzle soak in hot water with a little bit of dish soap with no luck.

If someone could please steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!
dyu1HyKuVY6RbWcDA

Thanks,
Marco (first post)

Might be a flow issue with that PM cart. Is it an OEM cart? Refilled??

If a new OEM cart, did you take the removable plastic seal film off of the air vent of the PM cart??

Goodmarko

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma pro-100
Might be a flow issue with that PM cart. Is it an OEM cart? Refilled??

If a new OEM cart, did you take the removable plastic seal film off of the air vent of the PM cart??

Thanks for the reply

It's the cartridge that came with the printer. Brand new. Plenty of ink left. Plastic removed.

The printer was working beautifully until it abruptly stopped flowing pale magenta

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
If it's one of the setup carts, try a new PhotoMagenta OEM cart and report back...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If the photo magenta cartridge had been refilled or were NON-OEM I would have said that this looks exactly like an attack of the "Magenta Killer Fungus" that suddenly blocks print head nozzles. Have other cartridges/refilled cartridges been used in the printer? Even if I read that there are only a handful of factories producing the dyes used in making printer ink, I think it is impossible that Canon OEM ink could be infected. Or?

To test the inkflow properties of a Canon CLI-42 ink cartridge, take one of the working cartridges and hold a piece of kitchen paper/paper towel under the ink outlet. Now blow gently into the vent, till a drop of ink is expelled from the cartridge. Notice how little effort this takes with a cartridge in good working order. Now repeat the test with the photo magenta cartridge. If no ink is expelled or it is considerably harder to expel a drop of ink something is wrong with the cartridge, and it should be flushed and dried or replaced.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you haven’t printed any test prints since you first noticed this issue then the print head maybe ok but if you have then all bets are off.

Is your printer still under warrantee, if so get in touch with Canon and tell them what’s happened and they will sort it out for you, but if it isn’t then try this.

Soak the head in 2” of Windex for at least 24 hours and while you’re doing that source a new photo Magenta cartridge and have it ready to test when you have thoroughly dried the head before re-installing again, run a normal head clean before the nozzle check.

Good luck..:)