macOS 12.0.1 (Monterey) with Epson ET-3700: have to select "scale" first to get "actual size"

Mr_Doh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3700
Since upgrading my mac to Monterey (macOS 12.0.1), when I go to print something on my Epson ET-3700 with "actual size" selected by default, the print preview always shows the page acaled. So I need to select "Scale", then I can select "actual size" again, and get actual size. Otherwise I'll get a scaled printout despite having "actual size" selected.

I should add that my browser is MS Edge, that's what I'm printing from. In case anyone doesn't know what Edge is, it's a Chrome browser clone.

So far I've done two things to fix this. One is to remove the Epson ET-3700 from macOS. Then I downloaded the Monterey utilities from Epson, and re-installed the printer. No difference. I also reported the problem to Epson, nothing from that yet. My printer's no longer under warranty, but it seems like they should hear about a problem with their printer software.

Anyone who's experienced this? Anyone come up with a work-around?

Thanks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Anyone come up with a work-around?
Printing from a Mac is notoriously difficult when the print driver and the app software are not in sink, try this, open your app print dialog box and set the paper size you want to use, then go to the printer dialog box and set the paper size there also, now go back to the app dialog box and check that they are both set the same, now you can print safely..
Question why do Mac owners always upgrade for apparent reason.. ?

P.S. When you upgrade your firmware all your print setting from old are reset to a new default setting by default..