Looking for the perfect printer

fungall413

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-4550
Hi all,
I'm a novice when it comes to printers. I am looking for help in finding a printer for my small business. Currently use an Epson ET-4550 that works OK but the document feeder doesn't work anymore and the photo printing, especially on cardstock, is not great. Searching the internet just makes my head hurt! I'm trusting the experts here to get me to the right product. Not sure if there is something that will cover it all:

*All-in-One (print, copy scan, and fax)
*Excellent photo printing
*Card stock print (matte and glossy)
*wireless
*preferably an Ecotank or similar to minimize ink purchase
*Manual feed (for envelopes, etc)
*fast print and fax speeds would be great but would compromise for quality

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are looking for a printer which can handle card stock - matte and glossy - with excellent quality . Which type of card stock are you using - any specific inkjet paper ?

Please be aware that all those business oriented printers use one pigmented black ink and pigmented inks for the other colors as well which limits the quality of prints on glossy papers - you would need separate black inks for matte and glossy papers which photo oriented printers offer but not business oriented papers.

fungall413

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-4550
You are looking for a printer which can handle card stock - matte and glossy - with excellent quality . Which type of card stock are you using - any specific inkjet paper ?

Please be aware that all those business oriented printers use one pigmented black ink and pigmented inks for the other colors as well which limits the quality of prints on glossy papers - you would need separate black inks for matte and glossy papers which photo oriented printers offer but not business oriented papers.
I am printing mainly "memorial cards" which is usually 8 pt. C1S (Coated one side), 182 gsm paper. Not very thick card stock. Interesting to learn about the differences in pigmented ink.
Do you have a recommendation for good quality all-in-one photo printer?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
A good all-in-one photo printer - ? I see conflicts with the requirements as explained above, you are printing these cards for business - I rather would propose a printer like the Canon-Pro-300 which can give you best performance on matte and glossy papers , and using a separate combi model for your other business needs - there should be several models available from Canon or Epson depending on your config needs - scanner - fax - 2nd paper bin - speed etc