Looking for quality matte/lustre paper in uk

Paul-H

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1500W
Hi all

I know this will all be personal and subjective, but I am looking for some recommendations for a high quality Lustre/Matte paper for mono Ink jet printing.

Only two criteria needed to be met

must be easily obtainable in the Uk, and must be suitable for dye Ink printers

I have been using Epsons Archival Matte but suspect there must be something better out there to use.

I do my own profiles so have that side of thing covered just want to get the best out of my 6 ink Epson Dye printer.

Anyone use anything they would recommend.

thanks for any help with this

Paul

Smudger

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
IX6850, IP7250
I've just spent a month testing A3+ papers and ink for greyscale printing of B&W 35 mm negs for a (picky) client.

The favourite for greyscale (which does not mean best) was Ilford Galerie Prestige Pearl with Canon Chromalife 100+ (dye) ink. The Canon ink seems unlikely to fit your Epson printer. :)

It gives prints which are very close to wet darkroom prints, but without the pleasing fumes.

Amazon stock it and Ilford have profiles for it, or build your own.

If you have an A3 rotary trimmer the A3 size cuts down nicely to A4 so you only have to stock one size. And A3 bulk is slightly cheaper than A4 bulk.

We got very differing results with different inks, as you'd expect. In mono printing this came out as a deviating overall colour cast veering towards yellow-green with the cheaper no-name stuff. :eek:

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I think i mentioned these before, Not sure of the quality as i obviously have not tried all of it but for price these are worth a go...
https://www.svp.co.uk/stationery.html
The have packs of 50 and 100 A4 matt paper from as little as about £2.00. They also have 200+gsm double sided (gloss and Matt) paper in various sized packs from £2.50(ish) to about £5.00.

May or may not be good enough quality for you personally but at the prices they have paper for it may be worth a go, even if useless its a small amount of money wasted.

Latest posts