1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: How to take pictures of gloss differential properly?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

LaserJet 4000n to connecting to Samsung Tablet

Discussion in 'Laser Printers -Everything-' started by Steven Bernstecker, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Aug 7, 2017
    Steven Bernstecker

Steven Bernstecker Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Epson WF-3640
    Product Name: HP Laserjet 4000n w/HP Printserver 610n

Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop

I have a HP Laserjet 4000n with a Jetdirect 610n print server installed, It has a cat5 cable connected to my Netgear R6700 router/switch, I downloaded and installed the HP print service plugin, I try to start the service and sll is does is continuously search for printer. I can use a browser to connect to the web page of the of the Jetdirect card, I still haven't been able to connect to the actual printer web configuration page. I can't seem to be able to tell if it has been assigned its own IP or if I need to just use the Jetdirect IP. If that is the case, I can't see the printer on it.

I don't know what I could be missing, this seems pretty straight forward, My Windows 8.1 laptop has zero problems connecting and printing. I just use the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Model SM-P900 for most everything I do.

What do I need to do to be able to print from my tablet??

Please help if you can.

Steve