1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: How to diagnose true clogs vs air bubbles using nozzle check
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Kyocera FS1135, Problems using the scanner function

Discussion in 'Laser Printers -Everything-' started by Kungen, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Feb 14, 2017
    Kungen

Kungen Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Kyocera FS-1135MFP
    Hello everybody!

I got a Kyocera FS1135 MFP for free from a place where they wanted new machines, so it was tossed out. I've got the printer and copying functions working but experience problems connecting to the scanner. I tried to ask the Kyocera support, but they don't really have to help me since I never bought anything from them and they eventually got a bit annoyed that I kept asking without being one of their proper customers.

Anyone here with knowledge of Kyocera machines, who could help guide me through? It would really be appreciated!

The situation:
    I'm using it via USB.
    I managed to find a default password, logged in on the machine and checked the IP address of it
    I've installed the driver and entered the model and IP address.
    I understand that there is no graphical interface provided from Kyocera, so I tried these to start the scanner:
    - Adobe Acrobat Pro
    - EasyScan (a small free program i found somewhere)
    But they don't seem to get any contact with the machine.

Any suggestions how to advance?

/Kungen

2. Feb 14, 2017
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    The user manual for the printer states it uses WSD (Web Services on Devices) for scanning to a specified network connected computer. It appears that this printer does not use an external application to scan such as Vuescan or a Canon MP Navigator-like software. You will need to install a WDS driver for the printer on the target computer and then use the printer's own controls to connect it to the enabled computer. You can also scan to USB memory as well.

See manual at https://cdn.kyostatics.net/dlc/eu/d...teritem.tmp/FS-1030_FS-1130..._Rev1_(ENG).pdf

WDS Scan procedure at page 5-17

WDS Scan Set Up at page 8-129

Scan to USB Memory at page 6-5

The Hat likes this.
  3. Feb 14, 2017
    Kungen

Printer Model:
    Kyocera FS-1135MFP
    Hi Stratman, and thanks a lot for your answer! :)

I have no network set up. But I've now tried the scan-to-usb-memory function, and it works as it should. Thanks!

It's a bit tedious, though, to scan lots of originals to an USB-memory, using the small display window of the Kyocera. But before the Kyocera support grew tired with me they told me that I could use the machine via USB-cable and use software, f.ex. Adobe Acrobat to control it. Do I get you right that you mean that is not possible?

/Kungen

The Hat likes this.
  4. Feb 14, 2017
    stratman

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    I have no idea. I only know what little I read this morning in the user manual and posted here to you on the forum. Maybe there is something in the user manual about these questions. :idunno

It may be that you can connect the Kyocera with a USB cable to your computer. However, if you have not installed the WDS driver on your computer then the printer will not recognize the computer. At least that is how I understood the user manual. Give it a try.

If scanning is important, or of sufficient quantity, then a stand alone scanner such as from Epson or Canon would be a good option for you.

The Hat and Kungen like this.
  5. Feb 14, 2017
    Kungen

Printer Model:
    Kyocera FS-1135MFP
    Thanks!

The Hat likes this.
  6. Feb 14, 2017
    stratman

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    You are welcome. Look forward to reading more about your scanning adventure. Let us know.

The Hat likes this.