Kyocera FS1135, Problems using the scanner function

Kungen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Kyocera FS-1135MFP
Hello everybody!

I got a Kyocera FS1135 MFP for free from a place where they wanted new machines, so it was tossed out. I've got the printer and copying functions working but experience problems connecting to the scanner. I tried to ask the Kyocera support, but they don't really have to help me since I never bought anything from them and they eventually got a bit annoyed that I kept asking without being one of their proper customers.

Anyone here with knowledge of Kyocera machines, who could help guide me through? It would really be appreciated!

The situation:
I'm using it via USB.
I managed to find a default password, logged in on the machine and checked the IP address of it
I've installed the driver and entered the model and IP address.
I understand that there is no graphical interface provided from Kyocera, so I tried these to start the scanner:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- EasyScan (a small free program i found somewhere)
But they don't seem to get any contact with the machine.

Any suggestions how to advance?

/Kungen

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The user manual for the printer states it uses WSD (Web Services on Devices) for scanning to a specified network connected computer. It appears that this printer does not use an external application to scan such as Vuescan or a Canon MP Navigator-like software. You will need to install a WDS driver for the printer on the target computer and then use the printer's own controls to connect it to the enabled computer. You can also scan to USB memory as well.

See manual at https://cdn.kyostatics.net/dlc/eu/d...teritem.tmp/FS-1030_FS-1130..._Rev1_(ENG).pdf

WDS Scan procedure at page 5-17

WDS Scan Set Up at page 8-129

Scan to USB Memory at page 6-5

Kungen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Kyocera FS-1135MFP
Hi Stratman, and thanks a lot for your answer! :)

I have no network set up. But I've now tried the scan-to-usb-memory function, and it works as it should. Thanks!

It's a bit tedious, though, to scan lots of originals to an USB-memory, using the small display window of the Kyocera. But before the Kyocera support grew tired with me they told me that I could use the machine via USB-cable and use software, f.ex. Adobe Acrobat to control it. Do I get you right that you mean that is not possible?

/Kungen

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Do I get you right that you mean that is not possible?
I have no idea. I only know what little I read this morning in the user manual and posted here to you on the forum. Maybe there is something in the user manual about these questions. :idunno

It may be that you can connect the Kyocera with a USB cable to your computer. However, if you have not installed the WDS driver on your computer then the printer will not recognize the computer. At least that is how I understood the user manual. Give it a try.

If scanning is important, or of sufficient quantity, then a stand alone scanner such as from Epson or Canon would be a good option for you.

Kungen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Kyocera FS-1135MFP
Thanks!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You are welcome. Look forward to reading more about your scanning adventure. Let us know.

Erbid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Kyocera M5521cdw
I had the same issue with my Kyocera M5521cdw (using USB only to scan) and solved it using the ancient of days TWAIN technology driver and NAPS2 software. Setting the options in the software was tricky, as I had to set an option to Use Native UI and an advanced TWAIN Implementation option to Legacy (Native UI only). But it works! I see each scanned page and can rearrange them, and save the images as PDF or other, delete them and start over.

Using the driver for Windows scanning may be more seamless but I only had 30 minutes to setup and stopped with this setup. The "lifesigns from the scanner but no document to work with" stage was frustrating as I was trying options that didn't exactly work... but setting the two options noted above worked w/o a single hiccup.

Not optimal, but it does all I need...

Erbid

Latest posts