Klariah Pigment ink on Epson P50 looks very green

omek

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yesterday I got the Klariah Pigment ink for my Epson P50 (Artisan 50) from mikling.
I have a calibrated screen and the prints with to original claria ink with Premium Glossy looks neutral.
I made ​​5 times printhead cleaning and printed 10 A4 papers with milking`s epson premium glossy profile. This looks very bad. Grey looks green, orange have hard edge. What am I doing wrong?
The first Picture is Epson Premium Glossy with original ink and orginal epson icc and
the second is Epson Premium Glossy Paper with Klariah Pigment ink from mikling and G1_KL2_EpPremGl_UPG_BPG.icm
I can't add pictures in th first post, please copy the url to your browser
omek77.macbay.de/ebay/1a.jpg

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Your best bet is to contact Mikling directly and provide the information you have here so he can provide support.

He knows the ink, will undoubtedly have the necessary experience with mistakes end-users make, possible hiccups, etc...

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The provided profiles are meant for the Generation 1 Claria printers namely the Epson Stylus Photo1400. Epson R260, R280,R380,RX580 and RX595. Which all use Claria ink and the same print engine. Even though the P50 uses Claria inks, from the brief time I had spent with one showed that the built in RIP is different from the models listed above and will require a different set of profiles. Another example of printers using the same Claria dye inks but having different RIPs and also requiring different profiles are the Artisan 700 to 835 series ( in Europe the PX7xx something). I can provide profiles for those printers with the KLARIAH.

This is an illustration of the same inks used but requiring different profiles because the print engine is different. A similar situation exists for example on an an SPR2100/R2200 and the Pro40000. They use the same inks but the profiles are different. I haven not tested the 3800 and 2400 and 4800 but I believe all three use different profiles but similar inks as well.

Since I had my hands on an Artisan 50 for a brief length of time and it preceded when I developed the final KLARIAH inkset I was unable to provide profiles for it. On the G1 machines, I now have 20 different papers and an average of 2 variations of each making for 40 profiles or so for this inkset BUT not for the P50.

Contact me for directions on how to get the ICC profile for your printer as I will now have to make one for the P50 with the paper you are using. The supplied profiles do not match the printer.

Also remember to try the softproofing route if you use Photoshop, View- Proof Setup- Custom insert the profile to be used. You can toggle between softproof and the image with CTRL_Y . If the print output does not look similar to the softproof, then the profile is incorrect for the printer-ink-paper combination for the printer is incorrect.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Older post.

The problem was a 3% change in the Light Cyan. Which produced an odd result and actually indicative of how sensitive or critical certain colors are to the overall result. When the problem with the mistint was discovered...spreadsheet error in scaling, it was all fixed. In fact, the profiles also are the same when retested. I think when I tested the profiles, there was a driver problem in that the setting would not stick, when the tab was changed or something. In any event, the issue was resolved and some new things learnt at the same time. Light Cyan is a critical color in the color balance on Photo inksets and profiles and that a 3% variance in a tone can make a big difference. And always double check the print settings before hitting that "print" button. Sometimes settings don't "stick".