Kathe from Denmark

KatheL

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP 7250
Hi all,
I am a botanical and wildlife artist, I take my own reference photos and like to print them out, but I have problems getting the colours right on my prints. I hope to learn something about colour adjustment here. At the moment I have a Canon IP7250, hoping to learn more before choosing a more modern model.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, KatheL. Hope to see some of your work on the forum.

KatheL

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP 7250
Not sure where to post - my artwork is not printed...I just like to print the photos I use as reference in stead of having them on the screen :) Looking through forum for knowledge on colour calibration of the Canon IP7250

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Start a new thread for your questions about color management. It is a monster topic that volumes have been written about. Some things can be accomplished fairly easily once understood.

There is a Picture of the Week (POW) thread where you can submit an image. Some are good and some are unserious or comical. Nature photographs are always popular here. We're a friendly bunch and chances are whatever you submit will be a featured winner! OK, we're desperate for user images, but we're still nice.

Of course the main thing here is printers, so start a new thread and ask away. :thumbsup

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It's Valentine's Day and encouraging POW submissions is my Valentine for @sumi . :love

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
As mentioned by @stratman colour profiling is no simple task. Expensive hard- and software and a lot of knowledge is needed. But you might be lucky that a simple correction in the printer driver will do the trick. See this thread.