iX 68x0 print head alignment?

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
What numbers from letters A - G, a - h mean? +5, +1 ...

What each value mean ? My printer give me not good result printing align in mostly draft mode?? What I can do to fix these values to give me good result. At first time print there is no line broken.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
my align result:
align result.PNG

Can someone give me explain of these values and how make it better ?
A closer view
closer view.PNG

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't know the iX 68x0 printer but I think this is the result of an automatic print head alignment. Some say that a manual print head alignment is more accurate and will produce better results. When doing a manual alignment you pick the best (=least uneven) patterns and enter the values. A good light and maybe also a magnifier is helpful. I use an inexpensive magnifier lamp for the alignment.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
It's use 550/551 cartridges, but look at B and C its broken lines its better make its values 0?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Tigerman, no two printers do head alignments the same, here is one from my printer, on this model it gives a choice of alignments from A to L, so if I want to realign or alter the values I can choose the one that has the best looking printed block with, “less lines in it”.

img023.jpg click to enlarge.

Using this alignment chart I can put in the value beside the best-looking block on each column A to L and then click OK, I always use the Manual print head Alignment, I find it better..

Capture2.PNG

The yellow colour is never solely used in any of these alignments because it would be too hard to see, so it's mixed into some of the other colours, but it can’t be seen..

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
and then click OK,
You mean after click OK with all 0 values, then do print alignment value the new result will be 0?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
When you start the manual adjustment the printer prints one test sheet. You then decide for each column the best = least striped rectangle and enter the value. After having entered all values you click OK. The printer now prints a new test sheet and you repeat the procedure. The adjustment might be finished now, but some printers produce a third test sheet, for which you also enter the values.

Could you upload a scan of an example of a bad quality draft print? But bear in mind that draft printing saves ink and time, but you loose quality. Maybe standard or high quality is more suitable for your print jobs?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Tigerman, no not quiet, you must first examine your alignment print and pick one block on each column from +7 to -3 and select that in the Print Head Alignment box using the little <> and when you have filled these columns only then click the OK button.

Your printer should then print another alignment sheet with the new values that you have selected, you then examine that sheet again and if your satisfied with the new values you can close the print head alignment App, if not apply your next selection and repeat...
Edit @PeterBJ was a bit faster.. ;)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't know what language your user manual is, but you find an English user manual here. See pages 99 to 102 for the manual print head alignment.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
You then decide for each column the best = least striped rectangle and enter the value
Can you give me example ? when I see striped what value most entered depend on what ? on old value ? i.e if its +5 for B striped then choose +1?

Latest posts