I've Joined the Creality Club - First print :)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I've finally made it. After months of procrastination ( I call it research) I made the first print from my Creality CR10S tonight and Wow! Wow! Wow! :yaThat's all I can say about it at the moment as I am more than impressed with the quality considering it was a first print and there will be more tweaking to the setup.

It followed a night and day of sheer frustration after finding that the Left Hand Z stepper was not moving, and herein lies a tale ;)

When I received the printer the first thing I did was to open the control box to check for loose cables or parts that had come adrift in the shipping. I found one cable completely unplugged and due to the length and approximately where it lay I plugged it into the nearest socket. On closer examination after finding the stepper did not work I found a second socket behind the one that the RH stepper was plugged into. Soon as I had the box back together off she went. I spent about an hour re-adjusting all the wheels etc that I had moved in desparation to get the gantry moving smoothly.

Next I used the rather nasty sticky sheets that come with the printer to cover the glass plate and to my amazement I found that the glass bed was level which is not usually the case with this printer apparently.

A quick level using the auto levelling feature and a business card and I set the Creality Cat off to print in the hope that the Code supplied on the card is now OK - previous versions came out decapitated :)

Well it took a few tries to get the first layer to stick. I resorted to Pritt stick on the bed paper and upped the temp on the bed to 60 degres for the first layer.

2 Hrs 20 Mins later and the cat is finished. I cannot believe the quality for a first print, including the shiny shield and collar which unfortunately the phone camera did not pick up. The base is not the best, I have to work on that but the finish is more than acceptable. I used the sample PLA that comes with the printer and the standard settings in the code - 200C hot end and 45C for the bed.

Every device on my home network has a name and this one will be no exception once I add Octopi. I have already named her Lucy Lui after the Martial Arts girl in the movie Kill Bill. Asian beauty, precison and multiple slicing all round :D

I had almost decided to buy the new Prusa MK3 which was twice the price and probably will not be shipped until March/April due to the Pre-Orders but the more I read about the CR10 the more I was persuaded to try it. Thanks to you guys here, except The Hat - he has got me hooked on yet another hobby :hide

1st_print_cat4.jpg
1st_print_cat2.jpg
1st_print_cat.jpg

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Congrats to Redbrickman! Job well done. :clap

Don't forget to add the CReality to your list of printer models in your profile. Let the world know! :thumbsup

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Holy cow, that's a perfect print!!! I mean, seriously, it's amazing.

Super congrats on your new toy and immediate success, and thanks for sharing it with us!

I have already named her Lucy Lui after the Martial Arts girl in the movie Kill Bill. Asian beauty, precison and multiple slicing all round :D
LOL, that's hilarious and super clever!

Looking forward to more discussions, pictures, and info sharing with you.

:thumbsup

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Thanks Nifty, I always have the feeling that "test prints" turn out good but are not always the (C)reality when you start printing other stuff, but time will tell ;)

If you have your CR10 in the same room where you work do you wear ear defenders - boy that front fan is loud! I can see a fan upgrade on the list for later.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I replaced the fans and added these vibration dampers that made a TON of difference:
I find these printers amazing at just how many adjustment and add on’s you can make, you watch it print and then say Hey, I can improve on that, and away you go making something...:weee :lol:

except The Hat - he has got me hooked on yet another hobby :hide
See how I always get the credit for leading guys astray...:eek: :lol:
@stratman is my next target...:caf