It's me again, Magenta problems pro 9500

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Gday everyone:love I often pop in here to lurk but everyone has moved on to new printers & no one talks about antique printers like my Pro 9500 anymore & I feel I don't have much to offer.
Anyhow if you remember a year ago I posted about getting bad printouts in my Colormunki test prints & it turned out to be the magenta cartridge well it has happened again exactly the same & a new OEM magenta cartridge has fixed it. I won't post any scans as they are just the same as in my thread last year here http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/magenta-problems-pro9500.8564/
Maybe I should just carry on refilling as normal & just use an OEM magenta cart every six months or so.
Great to see you all again & it's nice to see the Hat & Stratman behaving themselves & Emu should do the same:)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @rodbam, and there was I thinking that you were in printer Heaven, :D but your not so welcome back to printer earth, :hugs @stratman will have his lyrical say later no worries, and I still can’t talk @Emulator into getting a pigment printer, but his resistance is Fading… :lol:

I have not suffered from the problems your having with the magenta carts on my 9500 but do have a constant clog problem with my 7000, both use the same cartridges, in fact my 9500 are working perfectly with not a bother on them, and both run in quite mode.
Capture.JPG

I have some 50 PGl-9 carts and more on the way and only got a similar problem to yours with several black cartridges, both PBK and MBK at the same time. :confused:

I solved that by giving them a good rinse out with a mix of washing up liquid, a drop of ammonia and tap water, using my refill clip and a 60 ml syringe (Leave carts filled over night) and that feed problem has never returned, more than 14 refills later.

If you’re not willing to chance my cleaning method and reckon it’s not safe to use then try buying the PGl-72 magenta cartridges and use them instead of the PGl-9 carts, they may suit you better, just change the chip.

Try not leave your visits so long next time because @3dogs is stealing all the limelight from down under, how’s Brassie in the winter... :frow

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi Rodbam, I'd like the chance to misbehave, but The Hat is keeping his eagle eye on me and you can't get away with much before 3dogs pounces.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
7338.jpg

Rodbam! Is that a cockscomb on yer head or are you just happy to see me?

Glad to see you, mate.

Speaking of printer heaven... when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, our absence felt by some in the forum but the cause an unknown. Maybe a directive in our wills to inform the forum?

I am positively maybe sure where @The Hat and I are going.
smilieangel.gif

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am not planning on going any time soon :pop but if a vacancy come up, well you never really know whose name will be on it… :hu

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I had this problem (with IS Magenta) on the MX7600 (same printer engine as IX7000) and could see it slightly on the PRO9500 in standard quality, NOT IN HIGH.
It disappeared when changing to a Canon cartridge.

Also with Prodinks PGI-9 Magenta I have no problems at all on the MX7600 (neither on the 9500).

I run the MX7600 for 12 months now with a cocktail of IS (Y,C,PBK) and Prodinks (M, MBK) with clean prints in standard and high quality (draft still can show some banding) and no clogs (Prodinks Y and C where clogging the MX7600 constantly, I empty my stock - only C for now - in the PRO9500).

Pigment inks are more complicated (still searching for 3th party R and PBK without gloss difference) but their resistance to fade is the reason why I don't give up (since the recent heat wave my prints with 3th party dyes are loosing color from day to day).

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks all it's nice to see you all again:)
I had just received three different types of paper from B&H & started to make profiles for them when I saw that smudging & funny colour on the colormunki test patch sheet but the nozzle check didn't show any problems like it did last time. Again I couldn't see any problems in my prints so the Colormunki is highlighting the problem before it gets bad enough to show up in the nozzle check.
Anyhow it's a nice feeling to know how to fix it a. I will wait until the OEM magenta is empty & then refill with IS ink & then see if the Colormunki shows anything.
I did clean out the carts last year using the flushing clip but I think I only used warm water so I will try your recipe Hat & see if that fixes it.
Don't worry everyone I will let you all know when I'm dead, last one to heaven is a dingbat.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'm told a death bed conversion is legit so I'm going:)