Is this a worthy deal or not??

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Back after a brief hiatus. Been unbelievably busy for an old fogey. However have been monitoring the Canon forum for my daily fix of printer news. :tongue

Now here's a thing!

A local regional retailer has the Epson 3880 on sale at C$769 after mail-in rebate. (That's about US$580)

I realise this model is due for replacement, but it still seems an extremely good price to me. Canvassing opinions from forum members because whilst I am not familiar with this model, I know several on the Canon forums use it.

I don't want to break all the rules on my first message for a couple of weeks, so have not posted a link to the vendor, but it could also be of interest to US forum members who have access to Canadian addresses of convenience. PM me if you want the link to a very reputable vendor in Canada.

Roy Sletcher
Still alive and kicking.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
That is a very good price in $CAD for a new one. Are you sure the rebate has not been applied twice to arrive at that price? Don't wait too long.

However, the question concerning an Epson printer is in the Canon area.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
That is a very good price in $CAD for a new one. Are you sure the rebate has not been applied twice to arrive at that price? Don't wait too long.

However, the question concerning an Epson printer is in the Canon area.

I know it is an EPSON in the Canon forum - but quite a few of the participants in the canon forum whose views I trust have this printer in their gear list. Hence the question in this forum.

I am planning a trip to New England in the summer and have been looking for a good deal on the Pro 10 when I came across this deal.

Definitely not twice rebated. There is a cash discount at checkout, and the balance is on a mail in rebate.

Expecting to see better deals and rebates in the US, but the plunging Canadian Dollar will probably preclude their benefit for Canadians.

RS