Is air in hoses of vacuum machine really dangerous?

Guardian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Like in the subject.
I'm using Eco Color 500 (I think it's German design manufactured in Brasil)
Right now, we're wasting about 3ml per each color of ink every time we're changing lines. I could simply reverse flow for about six seconds, then change the line and prime it back so I'll waste like 1ml of ink total, but I was told that air bubbles can spoil the refill, as we're delivering to the cartridge exactly what we want to avoid in it - air.
But hey - ink itself has a lot of air in it, and isn't vacuum supposed to suck out whatever air is there? It could cause a bit of foaming, but some of the color HP's I'm doing will foam anyway...
I'm just curious, you know...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
You can't have fully ink is the sponge because you inject air with your ink in the middle of the sponge. That is why no air should be in the hoses of vaccum machine.

Guardian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
yeah, I know.
But what I'm asking - is that really matters, there's vacuum in the chamber, no? So even if you'll inject air bubble in the middle of the sponge, it'll get sucked out immediately, without any threat to anything. I'm repeating myself, but maybe now my question will be more understandable...?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Well, take a canon CLI-8 series cartridge (becasue you can see inside it) like CLI-8Y yellow makes very good to see inside the sponge.

Insert the needle into the cartridge and refill. One time without air bubbles the other with. Then compare the result.
Post pics here as they could be usefull for other forum members :)