IPF750 HEEEELLLPPPP!!! Dumping Ink

HookedCo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Please anyone that has any information, please. My IPF750 keeps dumping ink in the maintenance cartridge during the process of refilling the print head.

1)My Print Head is only 4 months old
2)I was using 3rd party Ink.
3)I have since replaced to all original Canon Ink.
4)I have removed the print head and i am scared if i replace it will just dump all the ink.
5)Money down the Drain $400.00 for inks, $200.00 for a technician to come out here push buttons and tell me he cant go any further because i didn't have genuine inks.

Please help i have no more money to flush down the toilet i need results..................................

novasmic

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IPF750
hello, i have the same printer and its doing the same thing. did you find the problem?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@HookedCo, @novasmic..
I hate to say this but when you remove or replace the print head it is essential to purchase a new set of ink cartridges and waste cartridge too, when you carry out such major maintenance operations as this.

The ink lines will have ingested some air during the operation, so the printer is forced to carry out a complete system flush to insure you have a good supply of ink in the tubing and print head, that’s a perfectly normal procedure for these machines to do...

The larger format printers are not cheap to purchase and most certainly not to run either, if you’re not selling your prints then it’s a very expensive hobby... :oops:

novasmic

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IPF750
hello, thanks for the help. one thing i dont understand is i have used a full cartridge of cyan based on the chip information but the cartridge if physically still full. I think the other color cartridges Y & M are on the same way. Would you know if they only have the one purge pump or they might have one for each side as i have C,M & Y on one side and the 2 blacks on the other side. All the blacks are working fine, other then draining them all to try and pull the C,M & Y through to the head. I did find a clip on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wsrgiBarFM on how to manually pull the ink through. I will try this way once i get more ink. maybe i have some blocked lines...no idea. I know absolutely nothing about printers but i do know they can eat my money super fast and so can the service tech when they come out.

Thanks again, and if anyone else can help pls do....

novasmic

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IPF750
just an update to my problem, put more ink in the machine. The machine is not pumping any of the color ink to the print head, all the color ink lines have air in them, all the black lines a full and fine. if i do a color pallet test print it just prints black n white. any idea on how these things pump the color ink only on the left side of the machine. do these machines have a purge pump on each size, one for the colors and one for the blacks? anyone know?