iP8750 6A80 error

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
Oh dear.... my iP8750 has suddenly stopped working. A little while after a successful A4 photo print I noticed that the two lights (power and amber) were flashing on and off in an alternating pattern. The printer reports a 6A80 error. Turning it off and on doesn't help. Some googling indicates that that it may be something to do with a physical blockage in the parking area, but I can't see anything obvious. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your help. It doesn't seem easy to get under the cover over the purge unit. I would normally be happy to have a go at dismantling the printer, but since it still has a few months left on its 2-year retailer's guarantee I think I'd better take it back to the store for repair.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
take it back to the store for repair
Yes!

If the printer is under warranty and the error message is for something other than customary user interventions, such as needing to replace an empty cartridge or paper tray empty, then a call to Canon Tech Support should occur. The reason is to create a paper trail to protect yourself from losing protections once the warranty expires. After that time, it may not matter that you tell Tech Support the issue happened before warranty expiration -- you are now out of warranty. Canon will have no record of such and has no obligation to remedy the situation.