ip7250 not feeding paper, found a loose spring

Sketchy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip7250
Hi
I am trying to fix a friend's ip7250 which will not pick up paper. Have already bought her a new printhead due to the dreaded B200 error.
The paper now won't feed, rollers go round but it does not pick up. It was printing duplex perfectly when I had it at my house! She's got some Platenclene and says rollers have been cleaned.
Took out the inks and looked underneath, nothing obviously wrong except the white plastic moulding lining the back has somehow been cracked. Don't think this affects anything as it has not moved out of place.

I tried the fix mentioned online of inserting 2 small pieces of sponge to hold the rollers against the paper a bit more strongly, still no joy, the orange light continued flashing x2.

BUT I did find a loose spring inside the printer, resting at one end of the flap I was tucking the sponge under, and am wondering where it came from.
Query 1) Could anyone tell me where this spring might belong? It's about 30-35mm long, 5mm diameter and does not have any hooks at the ends.

edited to add, now seen inside the back of the printer. It doesn't look like the picture I attached before, more like this one with the small rollers. Could simply cleaning these be enough to get the printer to cooperate?
Will have to collect the printer and Platenclene and give it a go.

Attachments

• Rollers as per 7250.png
    Rollers as per 7250.png
    549.8 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

chloeegan

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10
I have the same issue here. Did you find a fix for it, by any chance?

Sketchy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip7250
I have the same issue here. Did you find a fix for it, by any chance?
No, sorry, no fix found yet, but I'll be having another go with the Platenclene soon. The person the printer belongs to is moving house in 4 days so it's all been really manic. Will bring it back to my house and have another look.
Would really appreciate it if anyone on here could tell me about that spring.

Sketchy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip7250
Sorted - I think. Finally got the printer back here to check.
After loads of noisy self cleaning and demanding a new PGBK ink, it printed fine.
I *think* what my friend forgot to do was push in the paper guide (marked yellow) at the FRONT of the tray.
This holds the paper against the protrusion at the back of the tray (marked pink below) which has small serrations that the paper must make contact with if it is to feed properly.
There was only a tiny gap of a few mm, but because paper was not in contact with that back element, sheets were not being picked up.
As for the loose spring, I still have no idea where that came from.
Hope this helps

tray.jpg