ip4300 replacement again

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hate to keep asking the same thing... but my head is spinning reading so many posts and trying to sift through to find my answer.. So I picked up the MG5420 and I get conflicting opinions on the ease of refilling and the longevity of the chip..

Another available model is the ix6520 that uses the cli-226 carts... People seem to say this is a good model for dependable refilling.

I have checked craigs list and have not found an older model that sounded good. I am reluctant to get a used printer because we all no these printers do have a shelf life and I don't want to battle with someone elses old problems or lines through the prints.. or just something that may not have much time left. My ip4300 has served quite well and I see a couple of new ones of Ebay but $300 is not something I am willing to spend.

Looking for a printer that uses the cli-8 carts would be ideal but one can spend hours and hours looking for a new one that is not 2 or 3 times the original price... unless someone here knows of a source in the states.

I found this list on this forum for those carts.. but again the task is to actually find one of these.
PIXMA iP3300, PIXMA iP3500, PIXMA iP4200, PIXMA iP4300, PIXMA iP4500..."
...PIXMA iP5200, PIXMA iP5200R, PIXMA MP500, PIXMA MP510, PIXMA MP520, PIXMA MP530, PIXMA MP600, PIXMA MP610, PIXMA MP800, PIXMA MP800R, PIXMA MP810, PIXMA MP830, PIXMA MP950, PIXMA MP960, PIXMA MP970, PIXMA MX700 and PIXMA MX850.

All advice on this purchase would be much appreciated..

By the way my wife is a school teacher and she does lots and lots of printing on her dime. That is why I need to continue to refill myself. b+w and color is needed... scanner is not

Thanks again and please if you are reading this and you are happy with your printer and the refill process chime it !!!!

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
dwolf

been a nifty stuff member for many years here. i have stockpiled a few of the easy to refill good quality printers. some are new, others are canon-refurbished.

been refilling for nearly six years now, on my second MP830, that uses PGI5/CLI8s. i have over 500 refills, and still going strong.

here is the list that i'd take fair offers on:

- MP980 (canon-refurbished) PGI220/CLI221
- MX700 (canon-refurbished) PGI5/CLI8

would need a very good offer on these
- MX860 (canon-refurbished) PGI220/CLI221
- IP4500 (new) PGI5/CLI8

again not sure i'd sell given the quality of the newer printers and the new opaque and newly designed carts. plus i've seen the prices on amazon and ebay.

also understood about the wife who likes to print, got one here too, so will try to help you out but need a good offer + shipping

send private email to discuss

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printers: Canon MP830, IP4500, MX700, MX860, MX870, MP980
Method: German Durchstich Method
Ink: Hobbicolors and OCP
Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes