[ip4300] Pgbk Blank, Severe Blockage Or Another Fault?

hendoben

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi there. Having some problems getting PGBK to print since i refilled and replaced the cart. When I do a nozzle check everything else comes up fine, but there is nothing at all coming through PGBK.

Have tried cleaning the printhead, and letting it soak for a while. Tried a different cart too with the same result. Checked the purge pads too as advised elsewhere when i searched this problem, and they seem to be working okay.

I tried doing a 'print head alignment' just to see what happened. I got an error message(usb001) saying the print head nozzles may be clogged?

edit: Thinking back, when i placed the cartridge back into the printer, the cartridge didn't flash red like it normally does. Actually, the printer wouldn't recognize the cartridge at all and i couldn't do a cleaning until i turned the printer off and on again.

Last edited:

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi there. Having some problems getting PGBK to print since i refilled and replaced the cart. When I do a nozzle check everything else comes up fine, but there is nothing at all coming through PGBK.

Have tried cleaning the printhead, and letting it soak for a while. Tried a different cart too with the same result. Checked the purge pads too as advised elsewhere when i searched this problem, and they seem to be working okay.

I tried doing a 'print head alignment' just to see what happened. I got an error message(usb001) saying the print head nozzles may be clogged?

edit: Thinking back, when i placed the cartridge back into the printer, the cartridge didn't flash red like it normally does. Actually, the printer wouldn't recognize the cartridge at all and i couldn't do a cleaning until i turned the printer off and on again.
I assume you reset the cart and got first the short flash followed by a solid light. Then when installed it should be lit up. I note you did a nozzle check have you also done a head clean ? the nozzle check only used a small amount of ink.

hendoben

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
It's a refillable cartridge from precision colours, once the ink was gone I just bypassed the whole ink level thing.
Yes i've done quite a few head cleans, before every nozzle check.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
It's a refillable cartridge from precision colours, once the ink was gone I just bypassed the whole ink level thing.
Yes i've done quite a few head cleans, before every nozzle check.
What I was asking is whether the red light showed when the cart was installed, if not I am assuming the printer is not recognizing the cart and hence no text. The other alternative is to install a new OEM cart. I assume you are using I.S. Inks. and are you using all the ink before re-filling if so not a good practice. It is normal to refill when you get the low ink warning.

Last edited:

BostonFern

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a similar problem recently. A few days ago, I replaced the PGBK with a tank I bought from Precision Ink. It was empty so I filled it. The printing worked well.

Today I can't print any black and white document. When I did a nuzzle check, the entire PGBK row was blank. My printer didn't complain about the low-ink level of PGBK.

I refilled and installed the oem-empty tank that was there before I put the one from Precision Ink. Since I can't reset the cartridge, the printer thinks the ink level is low, which has been the case for a long time. But still the PGBK row is completely missing from nozzle check.

A different question: why am I seeing black text with a not-as-black background color under "thread" of this forum? I have to strain to read.

Last edited: