iP4200 not save settings

Ponny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP4200
Meow

I am sure, this problem already discused somwhere here, but I can't find it. You know, I am pretty bad with searchin. So....>

I have very strange problem with printer Canon Pixma iP4200.
The settings is not saved. Well, if I use profile, printer will remember setting, but only for current session of used program. When I close it and open again, all settings are back to defaults. But if I set some settings by hand, they are not saved.

- Aha, I have windows 10 pro.
- I tried to remove printer driver and install it again, but I can't find it between installed programs.
- I noticed this problem today. But, I use printer very rarely. At last printing before about 6 months all worked OK.

Thankyou in advance

Ponny

Ponny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP4200
Meow

Do you want to know, what I done today just now? I tried to remove printer driver. But because, I not found it between installed software, I searched it in "Devices and printers". Select my printer Pixma iP4200 and comannd: remove Device. With printer turned off, of horse.
Then restart computer.
Then plug in printer.
The driver was back verry fast. Suspicious fast.
And then come moment of truth. And Yes! Driver now saves all setttinngs. I then close settings and open again. Yes! All settings are saved. I then try restart comp and try again. And settings are stil there. Miracle, I think. What are you think?

That is end of this fairy tale for now.

Ponny

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Congratulations, Ponny!

Latest posts