Interesting Nozzle Check On Pro-10

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
A member I am helping out with his new PRO-10 just set up his brand new PRO-10 and it's now enjoying making great prints.
He originally described a problem where he saw banding but not color banding but with the Chroma Optimizer.
When I asked him if his nozzle check was fine he provided this to me.
He says that it matches what the driver shows in the illustration as you as running a nozzle check.
Mikling has a PRO-100. Does this look right to you?

Joe

Attachments

• Nozzle Check PRO-10.jpg
    Nozzle Check PRO-10.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 388

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
That is the effect of the chroma optimizer on the gray. Notice how it deepens the colors, similar to the effect of having a gloss layer on black. Deeper blacks.

The effect is normal, well I get the same so I "think" it is normal and if printed on plain paper, it will feel wet after it is printed, indicating the amt of optmizer used. I imagine this is a better way than having a band of optimizer on plain paper....which you would be pressed to notice.

The driver also has a selection of an ink density equalizer in the maintenance tab. This is to shake up the inks really good beyond what the normal printer operation performs. I have yet to read up on whether it is automatic but I believe Canon recommends once a week use or something similar. I'm sketchy on the details.

What i can tell you is that the paddles inside the tanks does make a difference and the difference is visible. When I initially sampled the ink, before inserting into the printer, they were all denser than after some use in the printer. So the shaking is necessary.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The nozzle print check is exactly the same on my Pro 1 for the clear optimiser.

Without the use of this grey background the GO would be almost impossible to see
and the user would then think that the nozzles were completely blocked or worse damaged !

There is no need to run the manual Ink quality Maintenance procedure either
it’s self maintaining and run by the printer automatically when needed,
but you should always remember to shake a cartridge first before installing it in the printer !
Clear Gloss.jpg

Latest posts