Interesting fact on PRO 4000 / 4880 ink carts

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I have been purchasing T60 / 110ml carts ( Cheap on Ebay ) for the K3 inks so I can use OEM inks for my R2880 / R2400 / PRO3800 and as I began to aspirate ink from one of the carts, I discovered that the Carts have a simple ink port that allows you to no only aspirate but also to freely inject ink into the ink bag.
It also appears that the are not pressurized as the ink bag compartment is not sealed to the out side.

As far as I know the Epson Stylus PRO 4800 and 4880 Ultrachrome K3 110ML cartridges are the only ones that can be readily refilled directly through the out port.

Unlike just about every single other model, these 110ML T60 carts for the PRO4800 / 4880 can be refilled with a regular syringe and reset with a easily available resetter from Ebay.

Another version of the T60 carts is also 110ML is intended to be used on the PRO7800 and 7880 and are vastly different in structure though they are coded with the same stock number.
They are an inch longer totally different cart design, sealed to the outside and have a pressurizing stem port and NOT refillable due to the fact that they are retrofitted with the same identical One Way Valve used on the OEM PRO3800 /3880 carts.

Why am I interested in this characteristic of the T60 carts for the PRO4800 / 4880?

I am currently making up my mind to jump on a local Craigslist offer for a just professionally serviced PRO 4880 with a full set of New Carts in the printer, some extra carts plus Maintenance tank for a ridiculous low price. So my discovery about the T60 version for the PRO4880 and this possible deal would be the ideal set up.

Just need the resetter which is only $15

Any opinions?