Inkjet printer recommendations wanted

Tecolote

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma TS9020
Recently bought a Canon Pixma TS9020 which turned out to be useless for my needs, so before I waste anymore money, I'd like opinions on these models:
Epson Expression Photo XP-8500
" Expression ET-2700
" Expression ET-2600
" Stylus C88+
Brother MFC-J870DW
" MFC-J680DW
Above all else, the printer I buy must work with Windows XP Pro. Even better if it has Linux drivers too ( I use Debian and Ubuntu-based distros). Can someone confirm the above will fit the bill, or tell me nay so I can remove the model from consideration? Thanks for any help.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It is not clear what made the TS9020 useless for your needs - what are your specific needs it didn't meet ?
The Epson XP-8500 is the only printer which can be classified as a photo printer, forget the
lower end ET models, the C88+ is an ancient pigment ink printer, and I'm not familar with Brother printers but those are typically multi-purpose models performing quite well overall but not specifically for photo printing - there may be issues with speed, paper handling of special photo papers, limited adjustment options and alike. Epson is offering XP and Linux drivers but you always
have the option to download the driver and install it on a fake port and check whether it would be compatible with your OS version - the driver installation would report a conflict pretty early in the installation process.