inkjet feed tube cleaning

levasc

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon W6200
Hi, got Canon W6200 for free, but it stayed for half of a year unused with empty cardriges, the feed tubes with air bubles and seems there are dried spots of ink. Do you have any suggestions how to flush/clean the feed tubes.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Do you have any suggestions how to flush/clean the feed tubes.
@levasc, The simplest and easiest way is to run a system clean, but it will cost lots of wasted OEM ink and a maintenance cartridge to do this, please find out if the printer was working properly before you start, because that’s the $64,000 question. !

Alternatively, you can flush and fill your existing carts with a cleaning solution and use that to clean out the whole system and print head, but under no circumstances should you try and print with this flush solution in the system.

We have a member here whom has come up with a very good formula for that very purpose, it’s a mixture of Propylene Glycol 10% / Isopropyl Alcohol 30% / Distilled Water 60%, you can mostly get the ingredients in a Pharmacy or DIY store.

After you have done that, from here on out its really going to cost you big money for a new set of inks and also a maintenance cartridge or two, and possibly even a new print head. !

You’ll have to install the new ink cartridges to flush the system once more, then and only then can you run a nozzle check to verify the output quality of the print head, and if its damaged, this will cost another €400 for a replacement and yet another flush of ink and possibly even more new ink cartridges.

So, ask yourself, did he fire 5 or 6 shots, because you’ll be spending upwards of €1000 and more on this printer or will it all be a waste of time and your money for nothing

That’s not an easy situation to be in, so think carefully, before you commence your quest to print big...

levasc

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon W6200
Thank you very much for replying, I am sory for late reply. Definitelly without your answer I would make things worse. :)
Is this mixture micture only meant for flushing, or it could stay longer in the tubes, for example, if I like the flushing results, can I leave it in the system untill I get ink cardridges?
Indeed, thank you very much for your comprehensive answer :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
or it could stay longer in the tubes, for example, if I like the flushing results, can I leave it in the system untill I get ink cardridges
@levasc, Yes, the solution can be used for long term storage, because it has no Ammonia and therefore it is very safe...

levasc

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon W6200
Thank you for your answer :)