Ink Refill Machine For Sale - Perfect For Starting A New Business!

Brett Harrison

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
SME Inkjet Factory
Hi Everyone,
I just joined the forum today and it looks like there is some really great information on here! Due to changes in my business, we no longer focus on ink cartridge sales. We own an SME Inkjet Factory ink refill machine that is in perfectly working condition. The machine automates almost the entire process, making it very easy to use the machine and/or teach someone how to use it. There is also a ton of money to be made if you think you can generate enough sales. An average refill only costs about 50 cents worth of ink, which in turn can then be sold for $10-$15
We have moved the machine into our new office, but it is taking up space that we can use for other things, so we have decided to try and sell the machine. I would be more than happy to speak with anyone interested in learning about the machine. The price is negotiable. The best way to reach me is on my cell at (516) 359-3799 (my name is Brett). I also have the brochure and manual in digital forms if you are interested in seeing them.

Brett Harrison

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
SME Inkjet Factory
No one is interested in this? I am looking to let it go for a fair price..

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
You kinda "preaching to the choir" here.

Most users in this forum have either printing problems to troubleshoot, or subscribe to refilling on a cart-by-cart basis. Doing it "in-volume" is impractical for a huge fraction of forum users, unless they wish to establish a potentially unsuccessful business , because....

....all current inkjets have chip-enabled carts that require some sort of electronic resetting to work successfully. Does your machine perform this reset function?

In addition, as there really is no "universal ink" for all carts, the ink inventory will have to be huge to fulfill the various variety of carts that walk in the door...unless you are willing to accept ruining some of the customer's printers.

Last edited:

Brett Harrison

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
SME Inkjet Factory
You are correct, current inkjets have chips that need to be electronically reset. This machine does not do that.

However, that does not mean that there aren't millions of printers still out there that use cartridges that this machine is capable of refilling. While this machine does not refill the newer tank cartridges that need their chips reset, it does refill about 150 different types of cartridges, all of which are still in use and sold in big box stores.

There is no "universal ink" for all cartridges, which is why this machine has several different sets of ink. In case you are not familiar with the machine, there is a touch screen built in that lets you select the type of cartridge that you are refilling. The screen takes you through step by step the different stages of the refill process (all of which the machine handles) and is also able to automatically fill with the proper ink and proper amount of ink.

I have attached a picture for anyone interested in what it looks like. This is not some run of the mill machine. This is a 700 pound beast that is able to successfully refill over 150 different cartridges.

It is not made for someone looking to refill their personal cartridges. It was designed for someone looking to start a business or add on to their current business by refilling inkjet cartridges.

Attachments

• sme ijf.jpg
    sme ijf.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 1,001

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
AS turbguy said it’s like trying to sell ice to Eskimos here on Nifty,
we are all self made refillers here, sorry.. :love

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Doesn't this machine only refill sponge type / built in print head type carts such as those used in most Lexmark and other similar type printers?
We do not use those types of carts and when we do, we refill them ourselves.
Most of us though not all are high end photo printer users. We don't use the type of carts than can be refilled by quick refill services found in malls, office stores or Costco.

Joe

Brett Harrison

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
SME Inkjet Factory
Yes Joe, this machine refills cartridges with built in print heads (HP, Lexmark, Canon, Dell, etc.)

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong forum. I was unaware that this was a forum for people doing high end photo printing.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Yes Joe, this machine refills cartridges with built in print heads (HP, Lexmark, Canon, Dell, etc.)

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong forum. I was unaware that this was a forum for people doing high end photo printing.
No problem..you might get a bite!