Ink droplets messing up prints

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Sometimes it's from printing on thick paper without increasing the platen gap to accommodate the extra thickness of the paper. The Head will then make physical contact with the paper surface.

The edges of the paper could be slightly curled upwards also causing head strikes.

You could also have accumulated ink under the head nozzle plate. Turn printer OFF with the On/Off switch and re power it back on. The head will be wiped clean of excess ink by the wiper blade.

I am sure there are other reasons as well but these are the ones that come to mind.

Joe

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
Platen-Gap is a most common issue and MAYBE a bad shape of the Printhad cleaning assembly and Wiper.

I do print lots of a2 sheets with my Epson Pro 4000 (200x yesterday) and every day i start with a nozzle check and manually clean my printead cleaning assembly with long qtips style tipps and some cosmetic cotton pads drained with pharmactist't special cleaning solution.

Works great never had issus with drops any more.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Thought so!

You need to increase the platen gab to a wider setting and possibly feed from the rear feed and not the top one. The front one is for material that is between and 1 and 1.5mm thick. I never really have a need to use the front feed.