Ink contamination or something else?

Laz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi guys this is Laz again. I started to refill my ink cartridges I have around 250-300 for the start from various types. I started with the Hp 56 and 27 and I had very little problem with them. I did not tested them yet I just put them in storage clips (without the blue tape I hope that wont be a major problem) I will test them if I won a suitable printer on eBay. I have the Hp Deskjet 3747 but it gives me an error message if I put the Hp 56 in it.

The black Hp 45 and 15 was also a peace of cake. But I had a lot of problems with the Hp 29-49-26 cartridges. I have the snap and fill device but after refilling about the half of the cartridge it becomes very hard to push the ink in it and ink skirts all over the place from the printhead part of the refilling device. I gave up. I started another type until I become wiser with these cartridges.

I also attempted to refill the Hp 57 and Hp 27 cartridges. But I think I might made a huge mistake. When I received these cartridges I put them on slightly vet paper towels and tried to empty them. The printhead touched the paper towel and it drowned the ink out. Although now when I refilled them I noticed on about every third cartridges that the yellow ink that is suppose to be yellow, is rather brownis or redis. I thought I put it in the wrong chamber but not.

What do you guys think? I might contaminated the cartridges because I let them on a paper towel and the ink flow out and went back to the wrong chambers and contaminated the whole thing?
I havent tested them yet because as I said I dont have the printer yet. I hope I didnt mess these cartridges up.

Can anybody answer me this question please?

misterinkjet81

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
First off with the 29,26,20 you might want to try refilling them using some sort of vacume systme the bags in the cartridges can be kind of troublesome if not filled using vaccume pressure. I do not personally feel that any type of snap and fill device is as efficient as filling them under vaccume pressure. As far as the color cartridges go contaminating is easy to do and easy to fix you just have to suck all the ink back out of the cartridge and start all over again. Are you filling these cartriges using machines or by hand? if by hand you should think about investing in a machine.

Laz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Dear misterinkjet81
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. I will test these color cartridges if I received my printer. But if they happeneds to be contaminated yes I think I have to start all over again. Yes I know that the refilling machines are a great help. I was on a two days training of inksolution. Thay have a great machine that refills all types of cartridges in a vacum chamber. I intend to buy the machine but becouse of the hafty $5000 of price tag I am waiting with the purchase a bit.
At least until my business will grow to the stage when i won't be able to handle the thousands of thousands of orders. O I wish it will come some day.