Ink blotches on glossy printouts -help??

bigbsr

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon MultiPass F80. Works great; love it. But, recently, whenever I try to print out a 8x10 glossy photo, it is leaving black ink blotches. These appear to be coming from or have something to do with the roller, as I can see can see some repetition / roller pattern in the blotches. It only happens on glossy paper. There are no problems just printing out a text document from the computer or making a copy. I have cleaned the roller using the internal maintenance option, but this does not help. .... A few months back, a small amount of a sticky-backed CD label misfed and got caught up on one of the feeder/rollers just downstream of the paper tray. I got most of it out, but could not reach all of it w/o disassembly, which I have not tried yet.

Any ideas what is causing the blotches and how to fix?

danrad

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
bigb,

What I would do in that situation is get a q-tip and dip it in isoprpyl alcohol and as the rollers are turning hold the q-tip against them. This way you can see if it is actually one of the rollers that are picking up ink. It also sounds like maybe your black tank might have been overfilled and some excess ink is dripping down onto the roller.

Just some thoughts...

Dan.

bigbsr

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give that a try.