In Reality, Refilling is not for everyone

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Some people are tempted by the savings BUT

If you fear getting stains on your hands for a couple days, refilling is not for you.

If you are not into details of what is happening, refilling is not for you.

If you fear the unknown because printers can be complicated and in fact are not appliances, refilling is not for you.

If you are not adventurous, refilling is not for you

If you don't know how to do simple things with tools and improvise, refilling is not for you.

Things will sometimes go wrong with refilling and if you are unable to accept this, learn from the mistake and move forward, then refilling is not for you. Every person who has been successfully refilling will have made some kind of error sometime and it is from this they've learned how it is done properly.

Refilling is not a finished product that we consume, the success of the task ( in reality, hobby) will depend on how much effort you are willing to put in to learn and gain experience.

There are other points I'm sure that others can come up with but in reality....the savings are tempting but it's not for everyone.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Not that I disagree, but, what prompted this - a disgruntled customer??? :eek:

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
https://www.thecoddling.com/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/09/the-coddling-of-the-american-mind/399356/

On the physical side, there is also a huge paradox. Many people want to generate less waste and plastic dumping. Yet those same people demand super nice and consumer friendly packaging and convenience. They simply can't fathom the reality of their wishes. Imagine purchasing raw meat wrapped in paper with the muscles still twitching. That's reality. Imagine purchasing poultry from a store where you hear your chicken you've selected clucking as they are decapitated before being dumped in hot water to remove their feathers....The safest way to handle fresh poultry with little risk of contamination. Need I mention the flavor.

Then yesterday, being the celebration of D Day, I really wondered how the coddled would even understand. This also parallels what it takes to do things for yourself. Like refilling.

I should have placed a trigger warning here and this will be considered a micro aggression. What a world! How did we arrive here? Well I found the answer. Decades ago, we called it spoilt and coddled. I've been accused once of misogyny because a refiller did not know how to use a drill. The fact that I sold something that requires that they know how to use and own something frequented by males is misogynistic. Huh?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I'd love to see a conversation between the American Jonathan Haidt and the Canadian Jordan Peterson.

I should have placed a trigger warning here and this will be considered a micro aggression.
What I was going to say, though you've gone far beyond the micro for the snowflakes. :hide:hit:barnie

Now you've been triggered and had a rant. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Welcome to the club, Mike. :he :frow