ICC profile Hoobicolor For Canon I9900

lovelyvideo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just Received a hobbicolors Kit For my I9900 Print some photo's But Color are little greenish and little faded i am using canon easy photoprint ilford clasic pearl Paper if someone can help me on that it will be appreciated
Thanks

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Canon's EasyPhotoPrint is a nice printing package, but it is designed to work well only with Canon ink and paper. As such, it ignores any and all color settings that you make in the printer driver, so it is impossible to adjust your colors with this program. It will also not accept an alternate icc profile, even if you find one. If you are content with these basic color adjustments (found in the printer driver - C/M/Y/K/Intensity) or can find an icc profile for your ink/paper/printer, you can print with the MS Photo Printing Wizard or most other printing packages.

To use a profile with this type of simple printing package, you must specify the profile in the printer driver - not very user friendly. Most prople who use profiles use a printing package capable of directly incorporating these profiles (Photoshop and Qimage are two such popular programs). Of course, all of this requires that you have also calibrated your monitor to display the correct colors so that the monitor, image file and printer all match. Look at this forum (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=8) if you are interested in developing a color managed workflow (used mainly by professionals and serious amateurs). Plan on spending a lot of time and at least $250 if you choose this path, but it is possible to get good color and low cost printing from 3rd party inks.

lovelyvideo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks FYI But i tried the qimage / photoshop also same results so i just mail my target print out to cathys for $ 40.00 i am not sure how they going to be BTW i saw granddad profile for formulalabs ink, ilford clasic pearl paper, canon I9900 r they any good profile will they work for my I9900 with clasic pearl paper if yes i will wait for cathys profile if this won't work for me i will buy the formulalabs ink trying granddad frofile any ideas or advise from Pros
Thanks

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
With PS or Qimage you have access to the following color adjustments in the printer driver. These settings can be used to adjust the color, but they are usually too simplistic to really get the color right on 3rd party inks.
i9900Controls1.jpg

There are also profiles posted for "NewInkGrabber", which are "G&G" prefilled carts. Several people use these profiles successfully with G&G prefilled carts. The downside of using prefilled carts is that you can't be sure of what ink is in the carts, and whether/when the supplier will change sources for the ink that they use to fill their carts, changing the color. This is why many of us use bulk ink and refill - to control the ink source and get a consistent ink supply over an extended time period. If you want to try Formulabs, you will obviously have to refill your carts and buy a full set of inks - this will cost more than a custom profile.

$40 for a custom profile isn't really that much when you consider the savings over OEM inks and that you will get a profile that is also tailored to your specific printer. If you are happy with your present prefilled 3rd party carts, you might want to try a custom profile for that inkset.

lovelyvideo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi
Just got my profile from cathy awsome skin tone is fantastic no pinky or anything realistic picture will be using hobbicolors
Oh Yeh For Qimage prism profile People says its require good scanner how about epson perfection 1650P is this any good or i have to get diffrent one any recommendition

Canon I9900
Qimage
hobbicolors ink
Ilford classic pearl
Cathy icc Profile

colors

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Does anyone have a profile available for i9900, Hobbicolors and Kirklands?

Have searched the threads and seen many but not this one.

Thanks much