ICC color management vendor

Celso

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX722
Hi All, I am in need for someone that could create a profile for my printers (MX 721 and MP610). I have refillable carts and the colors are far from good. Acquisition of a spectrometer is way expensive for my needs. Does anyone know a good and affordable color profile vendor that I could use? Thanks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You have Buckley’s chance of attaining a good profile yourself let alone getting one from someone else because they wouldn’t have exactly the same colour setup as you.

You should first make sure to use good quality inks that match your paper type, otherwise your prints will fade like crazy, plus both of your printers use different shades of ink so the one ink-set won’t match properly in both models (Different drivers), without the intervention of proper profiling.

You would need to create a separate profile for each printer and for every paper type that you intend to use to insure and maintain good quality output.

I would suggest you buy the correct inks for each printer because that’s the cheapest option open to you and that way your colour balance between the two models would be satisfactory and negate the need for the expensive profiling equipment.

Don’t get me wrong here, profiling would work for you but it’s a slow arduous task, especially if you intend experimenting with many different types of paper, it is the exact way of getting quality prints every time..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It all depends - whether you are looking about one time to get icc-profiles for the paper(s) and inks you are currently using and you stay with those , or you consider to play and test ink and papers, experimenting as The Hat suggests above. Various ink suppliers offer profiling services, some even give you one profile free if you buy an ink set from them - so it all depends - as well on your country of residence and the range of your local ink suppliers. You may google for 'icc printer profile service' as well. If you consider testing various papers and inks it is well advised that you create your own profiles - a decent starter package for profile creation is the ColorMunki system which is supported here in various threads.

Last edited:

Celso

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX722
Thanks The Hat for the help.

As mentioned, buying a spectrometer is very expensive for me now. It is in the US and, much more, in Brazil where I live because of import duties.

I was thinking about a profiling service. I will google for a service. If someone knows about a good company or person, please let me know.

I liked very much PeterBJ suggestion. I will try it before anything. I am a beginner so that the final results may be okay for now to me. I will try and revert to this thread.

If anyone knows about any other method, not matter crazy it is, please let know.

Celso

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX722
PeterBJ, It did improve my photos very much. I am satisfied with the results for now. I used Color (-)30Y and intensity (+)10. Thank you for your help .