I white line appeared.

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
WTF? On my Pro-100.
I've been so diligent about printing something every 60 hours and I get a white line on my last print.
I did a Cleaning, not a Deep Cleaning, and it went away. But, I don't feel I needed to do that since I've been maintaining this printer very diligently. I keep a spreadsheet of everytime I print. I may have missed a few 60 hour time limits, but not by much.

And I get this faint light line. And the print is not acceptable. Expensive paper too, Premium Matte PM-101.

And this is nothing I did wrong. NOTHING.

So, now, of all the things I do to maintain this printer, all the testing, cleaning, refilling cartridges, dusting and vacuuming, making sure everything is proper before printing, I have to do QA to make sure my excellent printer needs a little extra maintenance?

I have to accept a waste of paper whenever I print to my Pro-100 that it may fail slightly, but unacceptably, to the point where I must calculate that cost of failure into the price of production?

I thought I lived in printer utopia.

-=- PalaDolphin

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Maybe a nozzle check after powering on the printer but before starting a print job will avoid wasting photo paper. If an issue is seen then a cleaning may clear it up quickly.

Maybe it is a cartridge that is having flow issues. Have you tried replacing the suspected failing cartridge with a new or known working one? You didn't give much on specifics so advice is limited.

If your printer is still under warranty then consider contacting Canon Tech Support to begin the paper trail in case something permanently malfunctions and is covered by warranty. Canon will not provide assistance if they are aware you refill or use aftermarket products.

apetitphoto

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
Bad news, but there is always the cost of failure in any production environment. Nothing, and I mean nothing, works a guaranteed 100%of the time. Why do you think there are so many ants?
I suspect that there is always a chance for an air bubble to sneak into a print head channel. Doing a nozzle check before a critical print most likely will reduce the probability of a failure.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
And this is nothing I did wrong. NOTHING.
I hate to say this, but I reckon your Mollycoddling your printer too much, your over complicating everything, try to leave it alone and let it get on with doing what it does best, and that’s Printing!

You should try and get this stupid 60-hour thing out of your brain, in my mind it’s just a joke, if the printer wants to do a clean cycle then let it, the very reason why it’s doing so is to protect your most valued asset, your Friggin print head.

So what if you lose a small amount of ink, and the waste pads get a bit wet, that fails into significant compared to the price of a new print head, is what I'm saying ringing any bells.

First thing you should do when you want to make some beautiful photos is to turn on your printer and when it has settle down, you can now print one nozzle check, you can even keep this sheet of copy paper and reuse it several times, so you don’t waste anything.

Now if there is a problem with your print out, that is the time to investigate what the problem might be and only then when you’re sure you have sorted out that issue, should you consider printing onto good quality photo paper.

If you print a nozzle check and post it here, we can ascertain what your problem might be without having to speculate the issue for you, and to finish, a Canon print head doesn’t need your permission to go faulty, and this can happen anytime for no apparent reason...

Latest posts