I need printer therapy!

Rodcy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10S
I hate printers. Had more problems with them than any other device. But I love seeing my photos printed on those rare occasions when the printer fairies deign to sprinkle their magic dust.
I'm hoping there might be less need for fairy dust after joining this forum.

Ant

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6220
I believe you've significantly increased your chances of bending that printer to your will by joining the forum! I hope you gain as much useful knowledge as I have and entertainment reading the candid posts on here.

All the best Ant

Rodcy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10S
Thanks Ant. I'm sure that if nothing else sympathy and humour will help this printer blighted soul along!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thanks Ant. I'm sure that if nothing else sympathy and humour will help this printer blighted soul along!
@Rodcy, you should be a very happy camper printing with your Pro 10, I mean, what could possibly be wrong with such a big beauty like that...

Rodcy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10S
Well The Hat ... you know, that cart size thing and the cart cost, like. That's a bitch man.

Sorry about, that I've just been watching Breaking Bad for the first time and I think I'm turning into one of the characters. I am looking for advice on making printing effiecient so will ask and look up on the forum.

Cheers

Ant

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6220
A golden rule...at least according to me, that I've picked up from trying to keep my printer printing is...don't get crazy when something goes wrong...be methodical and take your time...forget about whatever project you were going to do on the printer and let it go...then figure out your next step...as in...the printer head is clogged...don't start trying frantically different things...take your time...look up the problem then set about trying a fix...you really don't want to go down the road of trying a "few" different fixes...for instance I've found that if I get blocked nozzles just taking out the affected cartridge and placing a tiny droplet of windex in the affected port and placing the cart back and waiting 24hrs works for me...there are a number of different methods out there but that's what works for me...just avoid getting crazy and trying a number of things at once and expecting it to work instantly...that's the road to misery and a wrecked printer that could of been salvaged

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Rodcy, Ah so we get to the bottom of your problem, well you have certainly come to the right place, because most Pro 10 users here have solved this problem by simply refilling their own cartridges.

It may sound complicated but it’s not, in fact you have one of the best printer ever made by Canon to refill their OEM cartridges easily.

It will take a bit of your money to start but once you have all the plethora necessary to commence refilling, your printing costs will be next to zero for months if not years.

The cartridges in your printer are PGI-72 and these are the very same as PGI-9’s, here is just one video of the refilling procedure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjgQIWLw10M

The best site to visit and to talk to for a start-up kit is http://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/*-Canon-Printer-Products/Pro-Series/Pixma-Pro10/

Rodcy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10S
Thanks The Hat! I looked at the octolink site. I was going to ask on here about how the inks compare to the Canon inks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Nothing compares to Canon for price but at least the 3rd party colours are a much closer match to their inks.
I can’t remember the last time I ran with OEM inks.. ;)