Huge Project of Albums Prints

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
hi guys, i hope most you comments in this new thread, i will make around 200 albums family project as a gift for friends and my family so i will to know some stuff about ur experience which article i need to buy to be sure to make done this project.

First of all i will need a printer fast and with good quality, first Choice for sure gonna be Canon - pro 10 i need an epson printer maybe Epson P-800 another choice goona be Maxify A4 pigment printer but not sure about quality and speed if i will print a lot of stuff i need quality and speed any advices.

Inks: i will use precision colors.

Paper: will be glossy and mate with the brands of Red River and Aldi the last one aldi i don't know if i will be able to get in the U.S.A

Software to use: Qimage and Ligthroom

all of this will be free for them and makes their life happy.

What i need is about your Experience of prints best machines with good speed, quality and able to refills, best paper with good quality and price cause as it will be free i can't loose money with some test.

thanks in advance i will go to the florida next week if anyone knows store there it will a pleasure so i can go and buy all the stuff thanks in advance.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The first question would be about the format you want to print - A4 or larger - a P800 printer is something else than a A4 desktop printer. If you consider printing albums you might look into double sided paper as well. printing speed as such is not so relevant, it is more the overall handling time and attendance required to watch the printing process, reloading paper, watching the ink levels, refilling etc. And here a printer with larger ink containers like the L800 and alike or other models with bigger cartridges will give you much more convenience for the printing process.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
the formats gonna be like 4 X 6, 5 x7 , 8x8 and 12 X 12 the L800 take like 6 minutes for a 4 X 6 hard Proofing. i understand your point cause u can left it alone doing the process but i want quality too.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
if you want an A4 pigment printer and no bigger, with real speed and easy to refill its big cartridges then choose the Maxify, or a little slower with bigger prints try the Pro 10..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't get you how the L800 would need 6 minutes for a 4x6" print - you definitely wouldn't need the RPM quality setting at all.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
if you want an A4 pigment printer and no bigger, with real speed and easy to refill its big cartridges then choose the Maxify, or a little slower with bigger prints try the Pro 10..
the quality of both printer are the same ?

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
I don't get you how the L800 would need 6 minutes for a 4x6" print - you definitely wouldn't need the RPM quality setting at all.
maybe i'm doing something wrong with my settings can i take picture and show you those seetings ??

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
For your purposes on a 4x6 photo they probably will look much the same.. !
my biggest one will be 12 X 12 i can't find aldi paper in any store in united states. plz some people unites states user plz recomend me one store where i can go around la florida and the paper u.s.a user uses.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You won’t find Aldi paper anywhere other than in an Aldi store, but when visiting Florida just Google a computer store in the locality you are at or nearest... ;)