HP refilling Inquiries

Ink-Teck

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
New to this site......and just wanna ask all the Pros out there, what would you do with HP and Lex Cart. with sensor? these cartridges doesn't recognize after refilling.

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello Ink-Teck,

Are you asking how to reset the counter? Or your having a problem with the printer recognizing the cartridge and getting an error?

On most printers that use remanufactured cartridges, you can't reset the counter. However, the printer will allow you to continue printing, but without showing you the ink status. Some older printers (I'm not sure about new ones) allow you to rotate the cartridge. For example if you have 3 cartridges, lets call them A B C, and you refilled cartridge "A" right after using it, the printer will not read it as full. But if you used cartridge "A" then "B", then "C" and went back to "A" and refilled it, the printer will of forgotten that you used cartridge A since the memory couldn't hold more than 2 serials. As I mentioned though, this might not work on newer models.

Inkin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
HP you keep printing it stop warning you after about 6 times.

Lexmark see if you can reset the ink level through the "solution centre" but saying its a new cartridge.
For the new ones just print. If you can't print make sure the cartridge was refillable. Like 24 is not refillable unless the letter "A" is behind the number 24.

Guardian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, if the cartridge cannot be recognized, there is a possibility of an electrical failure, so test that, and most likely you'll have to recycle wasted cart. Colors are malfunctioning much more often than blacks in my experience. If it's one off than it's fine, if it happens too often you might be doing sth wrong within the refilling cycle (too much heat, stress, cleaning solution is too strong, sth like that).
Bear in mind that if electric contacts on the cart are stained with ink it will disturb/interrupt data flow and cause "unable to recognize" message...

Inkin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
To keep a cartridge refillable is to take care of it.

I suggest to my customers to do a Printhead cleaning or a clean page when you first install a cartridge to make sure it works correctly and every two weeks. Think of the 15th and the end of each month. the cleaning does not use a lot of ink.

Instruction is in the manual normal right after installing cartridges.
A page should print a bars of each color or for HP letters in black and squares for the colors.

When you see fading or streaking during your printing and the cleaning doesn't help its time for a refill.
Because your doing a cleaning every two weeks you'll know its not from dryness.

Don't print with no ink it will burn out your printhead.

But than again that's my suggestion.

hany53

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hello everybody, I new to this forum.. can any expert help me with this issue? my pinter is hp all in one 1610, when I refilled the cartridges, it give me a message " incorrect ink cartridge installed", and refuse to print at all. also this message on my pc screen "the right print cartridgeinserted now, is not intended for use in this printer "...thanks in advance.

atlascopy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Try removing the cartridge and cleaning the metal contacts on the cartridge. Make sure it seats properly in the printer when you re-install it.