autismhelper7

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Photosmart Premium . C309a
Stopped working today unable to print or scan . When the printer is powered its displays a Fault Message on the Screen .

Check The Attach Files

I've wiped with a kitchen towel the print head plastics to clear any ink residue though when it's re installed there is still the Fault Message on the screen .

Do I replace the print head assembly with a brand new one when there could be other fault possibilities . Do advise on any systematic fault checks .

Thank You

Explanation Movie Track

CLICK .

Attachments

• HP Photosmart Premium . MODEL C309a . FAULT asks reinstall print head . cartridges . File 1.JPG
    HP Photosmart Premium . MODEL C309a . FAULT asks reinstall print head . cartridges . File 1.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 592
  • HP Photosmart Premium . MODEL C309a . FAULT asks reinstall print head . cartridges . File 2.JPG
    HP Photosmart Premium . MODEL C309a . FAULT asks reinstall print head . cartridges . File 2.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 526

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The print head is very similar to Canon print heads. So did you wipe the contact pads on the back side of the print head and also the contact points in the print head carriage? Else try wiping both using a rag moistened with an electronics cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.

If cleaning doesn't clear the error, the print head is most likely defective. A new print head might then bring the printer back to working order. But in a Canon printer a defective print head can damage the main board and a damaged main board can damage a new print head. So replacing the print head in a Canon printer is a gamble. I don't know if this also applies to the HP printers that use Canon-like print heads?

I don't know the price of a new print head for the HP printer compared to the price of a new similar printer. I think this is one of the factors the decision to buy a new print head must depend on.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Affirm that the red light for every tank is lit and the ink tanks are introduced appropriately. Push down on the Push mark on the ink tank to bolt the ink tank into the assigned opening of the print head.

The HP364 (EU)/HP564 (US) cartridges used in the HP Photosmart Premium C309a do not have red status LEDs nor a circular "push" mark. Many Canon cartridges have these features. Is the post above a machine translation from a Canon user manual? and if so from what language?